VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Anyone know about the new devise you put inside your mouth over the teeth  to help sleep better & cut down on snoring  vs the Sleep C-Pap   Machine?

no surgery or harsh procedures, just a fitting   they mold the device   like a dentist does for dentures!

Its actually for the ones that have problems sleeping with the C-Pap Machine.

sleep sevices

http://www.simplesleepservices.com/

Thanks

....Buck

Edited by Buck52

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I wear a night guard/splint similar to this, but it is only for my upper teeth. I wonder how tough this is because I chew through my splint fairly regularly.

That also reminds me of one of these:
41Y6aqseHsL.jpg

• HadIt.com Elder

simple. Go to a sporting goods store and purchase an atheletes mouth piece.  Also ask VA dental for a guard against grinding your teeth at night

Some people can get away with the standard size. I tried one of those and it didn't work.  If you can get one from a doc, as they are expensive, this might be an alternative.  I know at Target/CVS/Walmart and so forth have the moldable ones.  You dip in boiliing water till ready, one dip in cold water and place in your mouth and bite down.  These are not the high dollar apparatuses the dentist can give you but it is a close as you are going to get for a customized fit  They work and last longer than the generic plastic guards.  You might look it up and see what you think.  Other wise you can decide on the above and use this remedy as a temp solution.  

Word of advise, make sure you keep it clean and sanitized. most bring a pretty nice case to store when you are not using it.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Agree with ArNG11. I use the generic Polident equivalent nightly to keep mine clean and sanitary.

• 2 weeks later...

I will say though. Although it takes 3 weeks to schedule an appointment with my VA primary doc, yup, that the best they can do in OKC right now, in any case, I had the sleep clinic appt, and with in minutes the medical assistant got all my parts and filter requests for my s9 machine like on the spot. I was hoping that they had the washable filter for it but they didn't just the standard ones.  Heh at least I got 4 of them at a time. He ordered the heated tubing for me and it arrived within a few days.  Frankly, I was impressed.  Now if only they could be that efficient with other things.