Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

20% - Moved the Football Another 10 Yards

Rate this topic

MarkInTexas

Absolutely, Mark, definitely best to go ahead and file your Form 9, and i completely agree, you dont want to miss any deadlines.  Out of all the government offices that can help, I have had absolutely the best experience with Mrs Hickeys office, I think in your situation you will hear something within 48 hrs after she receives your info. I myself heard from her office three days later, and had my retro and ratings 11 days after I contacted her, I hope it works as well for you, and you and your family have a great week!! Please keep us posted!!

Just a quick update.  Sure enough, nobody called as of Friday evening, so the callback time went from "next day" to two weeks and a couple of days.  I've finished the Form 9 and addendums, and will probably send it out certified mail, fax and via upload on eBenefits on Monday.  Then, I'll hack on the NOD on that one back condition case, and shoot it off.  Once I confirm that both have been received and are on the eBenefits "scoreboard", I'll shoot an e-mail off to Miss Hickey explaining what has happened, and will provide her a copy of both in the e-mail.

May or may not work, but I'll give it a whirl.  If I don't hear anything in a week or two from there, I'll start looking at my options for additional IMO's and look at attorney shopping.

If anybody sees that I'm missing something, please feel free to let me know.

Have a great weekend!

Mark

Edited by MarkInTexas

Wow Mark, you couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.  What a disaster!  I've often thought about driving the 3-hours to Houston but would be afraid they would waste my time.  I'm not sure if you've heard but Allison Hickey no longer works for the VA...I believe she resigned Friday. 

Julie, Ouch!  Good thing I didn't e-mail her yet.  Looks like it will be an e-mail to "Old Bob McDonald Had a VA Farm" then.  I'm printing up my documents right now for the Form 9 appeal.  Any ideas why she resigned?  I guess I need to hit Google.  Have a great week!

Mark

Whoa, I had no idea she resigned. Bob will definitely be the way to go, then. Julie, thank you, i haven't been watching the news lately but i intend to start. Mark, I am sure Bob McDonalds office will take the info just as seriously as Mrs Hickeys, and I hope y'all have a good weekend!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use