Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD VA Diagnoses & Dr unable to help?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I went seen my VA MH Phyistrisrt todday, She talk to me for 30 minutes at the most and decided to keep my meds  the same and said I'll see you back on Oct 30th,

to see how I am doing, I mention to her today I was not doing any better and I just need to keep seeing the VATherapist  I said alright.

the she ask me if there were any more questions..I said yes mam  I decided to file a claim on my PTDS  ....will you help me out with it  by giving your expert opinion as to why I have it and how bad my systoms are    she said  well I don't do the claims  you need to talk with DAV about the claims  I said  you mean you can't write me a letter giving your professional opinion  about it...she said no that' not her Dept...then she  looked on the computer and said I don't show to have Dx for PTSD, I said well I thought you diagnosed me  its in my progress notes that you did, she said she is only seeing I been diagnosed with MD Major Depression  and unspecific depressive disorder  no PTSD Diagnose's?

I said well some one did  I  tell you what I can go home tonight and download the files from ebenefits in my healthyvet and print out the PDF progress  notes that someone from this hospital in MH Dept Diagnosed me with PTSD....I said matter of fact I ask the thereapist a month ago in one of our sessions about my Dagnoses for PTSD he looked on the computer and  said yes you  you have been Diagnosed with PTSD  AND thats basically why your seeing me, I told the psychiatrist that she was the one who set up the therapist appointments and got me started in the session  but the therapist makes the appointments now. 

Anyway I don't know what to do now if she won't help me with this PTSD Claim...  when I went to check out and sign a travel pay boucher she came out there and pulled me to the side and said Mr Buck  I went back and check for more information and I see that Dr Baskin PHD Did in fact Diagnose you with PTSD  and I'll put it in the computer  he must have forgot...which I said ok thank you she said your welcome , then I walked out...this Psychiatrist is Pakistan and has a accent that's hard to understand she talks low anyway  kinda a whisper sound to me...anyway I'll recheck these progress notes Sat on ebenfits.  she what she said?

She had ask me a few months ago f I was going to file a claim for this PTSD  and today she said it don't show on the computer you have a PTSD Diagnoses..

So now I'm up a creek without that old paddle.

Anyone have any suggestions? I can't afford to go see a private psychiatrist  I was more or less counting on the VA Doc's to help me.

Agghhhh  it ain't one thing its another!  eh!

.......................Buck

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Andyman  yes I know your in my corner I appreciate your support.

As for as a go fund campaign, nah I will just start saving and  sell aluminium cans.

Yes I've called around my spouse has too   those psychiatric's   Doc's are very expensive.

most want insurance to file on or cash up front. or credit card.

I got an intent to file claim in...I just need to get my evidence in and Dr's reports....ect,,ect,,

I was wondering if everything they put in your progress notes  do those notes also go into your c-file?

I will make copies of everything as they come in off my progress notes in  my health-vet,

get all my records in go through them.

I may ask the the licences  social worker if he can ask a Dr to give me a rational letter/note to as it is likely as not this veterans PTSD/Condition came from is prior service while serving in Vietnam or something close to that...its just a matter or not the Dr will spend time reading my medical records..and I think this is why my  MH  Psychiatrist   don't won't to do it...just flat ass lazy in my opinion.

right now that's all I can do.  and save up for a good IMO.

I wish you the best with your claim too buddy.

.................Buck

Edited by Buck52

Buck,

Hopefully the social worker can get you in to a dr who will be willing and able to assist you with an IMO letter. 

Wonder how many can you gotta collect and save to get there???

It's hard to believe the VA docs are on your(our) side when they aren't even willing to look over your medical evidence to render their professional opinions.

Andy

• HadIt.com Elder

Andyman73  it would take a truck load of ''crushed/smashed can's and then some to be enough to pay for a PTSD IMO..

I'm making a little headway I have about 200 lbs of cans crushed up and bagged...right now its not a good time to sell.

aluminium cans are only going at tops best 40cents a lb  usually they double that in the Fall..so I'm waiting on the price to go back up

I save and crush aluminium cans in my spare time   when I have them to crush.  its how I make my extra spending $$$

.................Buck

Sorry to hear of your issues bud, but we all know too well, that the VA Docs do not like to fill out letters or DBQs for SSDI or VA Claims. Again I feel for you my friend. Please take a breath, and listen to what the Experts on here have to say. Good luck and God Bless my Friend!!!

I went seen my VA MH Phyistrisrt todday, She talk to me for 30 minutes at the most and decided to keep my meds  the same and said I'll see you back on Oct 30th,

to see how I am doing, I mention to her today I was not doing any better and I just need to keep seeing the VATherapist  I said alright.

the she ask me if there were any more questions..I said yes mam  I decided to file a claim on my PTDS  ....will you help me out with it  by giving your expert opinion as to why I have it and how bad my systoms are    she said  well I don't do the claims  you need to talk with DAV about the claims  I said  you mean you can't write me a letter giving your professional opinion  about it...she said no that' not her Dept...then she  looked on the computer and said I don't show to have Dx for PTSD, I said well I thought you diagnosed me  its in my progress notes that you did, she said she is only seeing I been diagnosed with MD Major Depression  and unspecific depressive disorder  no PTSD Diagnose's?

I said well some one did  I  tell you what I can go home tonight and download the files from ebenefits in my healthyvet and print out the PDF progress  notes that someone from this hospital in MH Dept Diagnosed me with PTSD....I said matter of fact I ask the thereapist a month ago in one of our sessions about my Dagnoses for PTSD he looked on the computer and  said yes you  you have been Diagnosed with PTSD  AND thats basically why your seeing me, I told the psychiatrist that she was the one who set up the therapist appointments and got me started in the session  but the therapist makes the appointments now. 

Anyway I don't know what to do now if she won't help me with this PTSD Claim...  when I went to check out and sign a travel pay boucher she came out there and pulled me to the side and said Mr Buck  I went back and check for more information and I see that Dr Baskin PHD Did in fact Diagnose you with PTSD  and I'll put it in the computer  he must have forgot...which I said ok thank you she said your welcome , then I walked out...this Psychiatrist is Pakistan and has a accent that's hard to understand she talks low anyway  kinda a whisper sound to me...anyway I'll recheck these progress notes Sat on ebenfits.  she what she said?

She had ask me a few months ago f I was going to file a claim for this PTSD  and today she said it don't show on the computer you have a PTSD Diagnoses..

So now I'm up a creek without that old paddle.

Anyone have any suggestions? I can't afford to go see a private psychiatrist  I was more or less counting on the VA Doc's to help me.

Agghhhh  it ain't one thing its another!  eh!

.......................Buck

Buck..  they can't change the progress notes in healthy vet because it is an official government record ..  they can only post an addendum to them..  go back and look thru the file again - then print the whjole series and hang onto it.  You're gonna be ok bro.

~MV