Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Awards Letter Help. 100% awarded, but I have questions

Rate this topic

acasto

Received my awards letter today. Finally got to 100%.

Read it through 3 times, and I still have questions.

First, it says, "No examination will be scheduled in the future for your permanent and total disabilitiy/disabilities. Does that mean I am P & T?

My disability may affect my ability to have a drivers license in my state. Should I relinquish my license if my state says that with this condition I cannot drive?

Can I work at all? The awards letter says I have the highest scheduler evaluation allowed under the law. No where does it say anything about TDIU.

Thanks to all for the help.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

if it were IU the letter would be spacific. No future exams means P and T. You are now entitled to CHapter Education benefits, ChampVA for the family . Waiver of premium of VA life insurance (First 10 K)

The drivers license may be an issue depending on your disability.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Congrats.....yes, you are P&T.  Until and unless you are notified by the State....I wouldn't give up my license.  As far as working, if you were awarded 100% due to TDIU then, no working....or at least only marginal employment.  If you are at 100% due to natural ratings, I believe you are free to work as much or as little as you would like.

Travis

• HadIt.com Elder

Can you work or not work?

If the details show TDIU, there are serious restrictions, beginning with income. If the award is for something in the mental area, such as PTSD,

also likely not, or with serious restrictions.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use