VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Two zero ratings for SMC

Rate this topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Not sure about the head rating, but the ED rating is SMC-K and does not factor into your combined rating %.

I agree with VYNC.  The 2 zero percents dont help you with SMC, but you should already qualify for SMC K if ED is SC.

I would add this:  Read https://asknod.wordpress.com/2014/08/25/cavc-howell-v-nicholson-what-smc-s-really-says/

The VA wants us to think if we can leave the home to go to a docs appointment for housbound, we cant be housebound.  This is error.  

Congress intended SMC housebound for not for VEterans who cant leave the home at all, but for VEterans who can not leave the home FOR WORK.  The way I read this, if you are not working, then you are not leaving the home "for work", and you are housebound.  Im fighting VA on this very thing, right now.  

• HadIt.com Elder

I think I read that if we have 3 = 0% service connected conditions  then they rate you at 10% of the three.

if you have 3 or more sc conditions and not getting the 10% for comp...you need to check into it.

which would help increase your % to clime the hill for SMC's

jmo

.................Buck

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder