Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim

Rate this question

Fenway77

Question

Two weeks ago I had my second C&P Exam it lasted for about an hour. My wife was allowed to be in the room with me which made it a lot easier for me at least. The meeting lasted about an 1.5hrs. Today I checked my ebennies and noticed that it has been updated to preparing for decision. Is this a bad sign that its moving this fast. I am rated at 70% already the appointments were for increase and addition to my sleep apnea. if anyone can give me some advise I would really appreciate it.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Go back to ebenefits and look at your AB8 letter, and "disabilities".  YOu may find out something before you get the BBE.  Other than that, there is nothing to do but wait.  

The amount of time spent at the C and P exam is irrelevant.  If you want to post some significant portiions of the C and P exam, you may get a better guess.  

it can mean anything good or bad.

However you need to remember that the "phase" your claim is in is not rooted in a chronological reality.

We look at ebenefits and its stuck at "gathering evidence" for 3 months then one day..."Preperation for decision"! oh yay we are getting closer.  this is mistaken because we assume it wont move forward until everything earlier is finished.  in reality they shouldnt show this as a line, but a circle with the decision letter being 5 feet from everything else.  What triggers the status is who has your claim at the moment.so when it moves to preperation its because it might be at a supervisory level to review it, etc.

Mine was in gathering of evidence for 2 months then 1 month at preperation then back to gathering since they now just decided to schedule me a c&p a month out from now. 

It could be that your C&P was all that was needed to finish up the claim and since all that was needed to be reviewed was that its back at "that guys" desk and may sit there for awhile, a long while maybe.  so dont fret theres nothing you can do anyways other than wait. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I found that the ebenefits status was only as good as the VA worker who updated it. Some are better than others.

That was great that the doc allowed your wife in there.

Sometimes the VA raters might call you to go over the results. This does not always happen, but it was a pleasant surprise.

You might also want to check your bank account a couple of times a week. If you win your claim and retro is due, sometimes retro gets deposited before you ever get a letter from the VA.