Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Connected 100% P&T

Rate this topic

bluevet

Received a call from the R.O. today. I've been awarded 100% P&T + Housebound benefits! It's been 2 1/2 years since I filed my claim for a single contention of bipolar disorder. Thanks to everyone here who contributed to my education on the inner workings of the VA disability claims process! I don't think that I would have ever understood how to overcome the "personality disorder" misdiagnosis and discharge had it not been for the veterans on this site. 

On the call, I was told to expect a retro payment of $92,000 to post to my account in 4 to 5 days. She also mentioned that there is an educational benefit for me as well. Honestly, I was expecting 70% so this decision has truly blown my mind. Anyone have anything that I should know about being 100% P&T? 

Edited by bluevet

Congratulations on your award.

The 100% P & T award qualifies you for Champva healthcare coverage for your eligible family members. Great insurance.  Your eligible family members will also have Chapter 35 DEA educational benefits available to them.  Base exchange and commissary privileges available to you and your family.  

Depending on your state, you may also receive substantial reductions on property taxes and/or ad valorem taxes, free disabled vet auto tags, free business licenses, hunting licenses, fishing licenses, etc.  Check with your state. 

Good luck to you and your family and thank you for your service.

GP

bluevet,

I do not know if you had a disability rating prior to your 100% award so disregard this message if you were already aware of the content of this message.

Since you now have a disability rating at 50% or above, you can receive VA healthcare and VA prescriptions totally free of charge, no copays, for any medical condition, service connected or not service connected.  In addition, you can also request reimbursement of any copays you already paid for VA appointments and VA prescriptions retroactive back to the effective date of a disability rating of 50% or higher.  You can request this reimbursement of copays at the business office of your local VAMC.

Also, any ratings of 30% or higher qualify you for travel cost reimbursement for travel to any VA appointment.  You can also request reimbursement for travel cost to all previous VA appointments retroactive back to the effective date of a disability rating of 30% or higher.  You can request this reimbursement at the travel office of your local VAMC.

Take care of yourself.

GP

bluevet,

Also, please consider making a small donation to support the Hadit website.  Although your donation would not be tax deductible, it would help T-Bird keep this wonderful website up and running. A lot of vets and their families have benefited from the info they received from other Hadit members on this website.  Just a thought.

Take care.

GP

bluevet,

I do not know if you had a disability rating prior to your 100% award so disregard this message if you were already aware of the content of this message.

Since you now have a disability rating at 50% or above, you can receive VA healthcare and VA prescriptions totally free of charge, no copays, for any medical condition, service connected or not service connected.  In addition, you can also request reimbursement of any copays you already paid for VA appointments and VA prescriptions retroactive back to the effective date of a disability rating of 50% or higher.  You can request this reimbursement of copays at the business office of your local VAMC.

Also, any ratings of 30% or higher qualify you for travel cost reimbursement for travel to any VA appointment.  You can also request reimbursement for travel cost to all previous VA appointments retroactive back to the effective date of a disability rating of 30% or higher.  You can request this reimbursement at the travel office of your local VAMC.

Take care of yourself.

GP

No rating prior to this, but I have had Va healthcare for years. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use