VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

anyone collecting ssdi from hearing loss?

Rate this question

killemall

Question

I put in a claim for ss disability for hearing loss 2 months ago.

Im currently rated 50% hearing loss and 10% tinitus from the Veterans Affairs.

Havent worked in 18 months

I also added my diagnoses of R wrist and shoulder (L and R) pain. 30% rated by the Veterans Affairs.

VA total rating is 70%

I also submitted doctors diagnoses of depression...gerd...ED...high blood pressure...L and R knee pain...sleep apnea and meiners desease.

I get no veterans affairs compensation from these as of yet because the claims are still pending.

I also have paperwork from Dr. Bash stating that I cant work due to my above medical conditions.

Well .......What are my chances for ssdi?

Im filing primarily due to my hearing loss.

Anyone getting ssdi from hearing loss?

Google searches turn up nearly nothing

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder

stillhere

you mean the raters...right!

Seriously when a person has profound hearing loss  its hard to find any type of employment that needs communication.

and if the veteran or any person don't have a good education  to do computer work  then whats left for the veteran to do?

Hearing impaired is just that  and it sucks if you have it...if a person has no formal education and his of age 55  and can't find work because of his/her hearing problem  then in my opinion that person should get Disability.

Having profound hearing loss causes other complications that are very unsafe for that person and causes a lot of communication problems (obviously)  if you can't hear well  things like emergency vehicles  and other conversations  when more than 2 people are talking..its so frustrating to the hearing impaired as well as the people that can hear well.

A profound hearing person lives in there own silent world.

jmo

..............Buck

If the va will give me a job then I will take it for sure. 

Right now I'm using the voc rehab for my bachelors and since voc rehab said there wasn't a job at the va I could do then they are also paying for my masters degree in marketing.

The truth is even with a masters in marketing I don't think anyone really wants to hire hard of hearing people. But Ill try

Sad seems a long shot for hearing loss.

My buddy is 70 percent pts and every door in the world seems to swing open for him.

People seem to think severe hearing loss is like wearing glasses. Pop in your hearing aids and 20/20 hearing lol

Yea right...

But just ranting now....