Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ratings different than what CFR states.

Rate this question

ComptonEp40

Question

I just received my ratings today,  an informal phone call.  My PEBLO said I received 40% Army and 90% VA, these confused me on the VA side because according to my C &  P exam one of my conditions should have pulled me 100% alone.  Just wondering if this is a common thing or if I should appeal this while I'm still in service?

5 answers to this question

I was Medically Retired in Feb 2013 with 30% DOD and 80% VA. I was misinformed back then and I thought the same as you bud. What I did was get out, get on Hadit and became well informed with all the help of the good folks on here. Since I am 100% VA P&T, SSDI approved and Wife is paid by VA to be my Caregiver. What I am trying to say is that in my opinion, you are being offered a very Favorable initial ratings from Both. With 40% from DOD will get you a Medical Retirement with benefits like Great Life Insurance, Base Privileges, Tricare etc.  With 90% VA you will be taken care of from VA, receive Compensation and you can always submit for an increase. Getting Service Connection Granted thru the VA is the Key, after that you can always submit a new claim for an increase or new Secondary conditions. If you read my long list of Conditions on my Signature, yet I left the Navy just 2 years ago at only 80%. The Worst thing that PEBLOs and VETs think, is "I should easily get 100% VA, cause I am so messed up", WRONG. It actually takes a lot of Big and Small Conditions Granted to receive 100% VA. Just my opinion, Good luck and God Bless!!!

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

• HadIt.com Elder

Good information from Navy04

...........Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

I was Medically Retired in Feb 2013 with 30% DOD and 80% VA. I was misinformed back then and I thought the same as you bud. What I did was get out, get on Hadit and became well informed with all the help of the good folks on here. Since I am 100% VA P&T, SSDI approved and Wife is paid by VA to be my Caregiver. What I am trying to say is that in my opinion, you are being offered a very Favorable initial ratings from Both. With 40% from DOD will get you a Medical Retirement with benefits like Great Life Insurance, Base Privileges, Tricare etc.  With 90% VA you will be taken care of from VA, receive Compensation and you can always submit for an increase. Getting Service Connection Granted thru the VA is the Key, after that you can always submit a new claim for an increase or new Secondary conditions. If you read my long list of Conditions on my Signature, yet I left the Navy just 2 years ago at only 80%. The Worst thing that PEBLOs and VETs think, is "I should easily get 100% VA, cause I am so messed up", WRONG. It actually takes a lot of Big and Small Conditions Granted to receive 100% VA. Just my opinion, Good luck and God Bless!!!

I appreciate the info Navy,  I feel pretty Co fused and I'm sure everyone else did when they went through this process.  I attached my C & P exam results and the page from 38 CFR.  To me it says 100% but a second opinion would be appreciated.   It's condition 6205.

Screenshot_2015-10-02-20-45-29.png

20151002_204332.jpg

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA is not your friend. If you accept a lower rating then they win. 

The VA did low ball you. They do this to too many vets as an attempt to save money.

This is a legal error. Misapplication of the rating schedule. 

NOD this asap and show them the error.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Compton, I hope you did not take my response in a negative way, cause I did not mean it like that. As stated above if you feel that you were low balled or should have been granted higher, then you have up to a year to submit an NOD. Only you can decide what is best for you and your family. Good luck and keep us posted.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars