Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Choice program

Rate this question

boomer2

Question

I seen my PCP on the 8th of Sept. and told her I had real bad blurry vision.  She said she was going to request a consult with an eye doc ASAP.  Well on the 18th of Sept they finally called me and told me they couldn't get me in until the 23 of Nov. I called the choice program on the 19th of Sept. They said we need an authorization so I went to the VAMC and got one. The choice people said we'll get back to you in 5 days, didn't happen, I recalled them and they said oops we messed up we'll call you back in 5 days. Didn't happen again.  Called them a third time got the same BS. Never happened again. Went to my PCP again on the 19th of Oct. for different issue and she told me the choice program don't work. She got on the phone right there and called the eye clinic and I have an appt on the 9th of Nov. She wasn't happy with that and they said that was the earliest they could get me in.  THE CHOICE PROGRAM IS BROKE.  If the eye clinic or for that matter any clinic is that busy they should automatically give you an outside referral.

• HadIt.com Elder

The "pull teeth" bit seems to be the VA's favorite low cost way out! My VAMC came up with the same thing when I went to them to get a crown replaced,

and a false tooth/crown worked on.

• HadIt.com Elder

It seems that my VAMC Eye Clinic is always busy  the lines are constant most of the day, it take 90 days or longer to just  get  an appointment with them & even if your PCP uses his/her clout...I know I need glasses but until I can get in to see the eye Clinic  if you get an appointment  you get close to it and they cancel   I don't see how the veterans wait that long myself? I guess I just probably go blind.

they don't seem to bring up choice card at my eye Clinic

just my 2 cents

...............Buck 

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Choice is another VA flim flam diversion to make people think VA is changing.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.