Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vets Reaction to Hickey Resignation mixed.

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

https://www.facebook.com/benjaminlkrause

There is an easy way to tell if Allison was "really" on our side or if it was just a front.  Just wait.  If she blows the whistle on corruption in VA, then, yes, she was on our side.  If she turns a blind eye to it, then she was a part of the problem, not a part of the solution.  

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well I wish Ms Allison the best, She did help a lot of veterans  remember when Ms carlie got  called up for  reevaluation for a C&P  She emailed Ms Allison and got it canceled  and all the other veterans that got help moving there claim, unfortunately she probably had good reason to resign if the allgations are true.

Now who do we have to help us? Bob McDonald him self?

.....Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Well, Bob did "give" out "his" cell phone number. However, when was the last time someone actually said they called his "number" and had the same kind of results?

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Well, she helped me with the "system" and I'm sure that is the biggest reason she is gone....that and the fact she is female.

If, in fact, she directly participated in corruption then she deserves to be gone.  However, when you look at the major corruption that has cost veteran's their lives, and those people were given a slap on the hand, if anything, situations need to be weighed.

If one person is going to be terminated, then let's see them all gone....

I would like to see Allison Hickey start a non profit to force reform of the VBA claims and appeals process.  She probably changed the system from the inside more than anyone ever before her.  She moved a mountain, now its back in the hands of the good ole boys.