Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

19 RO decisions with 5 issues; 84% denial rate

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Even tho I have only applied for 5 issues, it has taken the VARO 19 decisions, 2 board decisions and 2 trips to the CAVC. (One was a Writ) and 13 years and they still are not that close to having it correct.  

In 2015, I have had 6 decisions.    It has taken VARO 7 decisions to implement the BVA 2012 decision.  

Of these, 3 out of 19 actually awarded benefits.  (15.8%)

16 out of 19 were either denials, or "0" percent.  (84.2%).  

Can anyone answer how the RO claims 95% "correct" decisions, when BOTH BVA decisions were either a remand or an award. (Neither were a "full denial")?

Edited by broncovet

6 answers to this question

It is truly hard to say, but in my case, I didn't do NODs. I went thru the VA Claim process, and when they denied or low balled me, I turned right around and re opened or requested an Increase, and 90% were granted. I myself am not an expert on the Appeals process, but believe that Good Well Documented Evidence is all that is needed without the Appeals route. I have found that 99% of the Vets I help, and myself included do not do as much Research and Documentation in the first go rounds as we should. Thanks to Hadit and reading the VAs policies and wording, I have gone on to have great success in just a few years with the VA and SSA. Hope you have a good week

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

In my case, I re-opened a denied case with new evidence.  I was then sevice connected for it, plus two additonal issues connected to it, all at zero's, but thats a whole different thing. So, I had nothing, re-opened and came away with three SC'd 0's.  

Anyway, new evidence is the key. But your start date will probably follow the new evidence.  

Once service connected, then go for the earler date.

Service connection is the goal..

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

Mountain,

If you have access to Ebenefits, then go on there and begin a new FDC claim, you will then be able to click on your denied conditions.  It will say Reopen, and then fill out and submit the claim from there. Either get your original evidence together, or new Medical Evidence such as New Diagnoses or Current Treatment Records. I really wish I was an expert as a lot of the Smart Folks on here, but really I learned a lot from making so many dang mistakes in the beginning. I also like to help Vets a lot with their SSA claims, as that can be a pain in the rear too. Thanks guys for the kind words and hope you have a good week.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Can anyone answer how the RO claims 95% "correct" decisions, when BOTH BVA decisions were either a remand or an award. (Neither were a "full denial")?

Cherry-picked statistical extrapolation coupled with not being entirely honest. Let's assume they told their public affairs team to locate 100 claims and ensure 95 were approvals in favor of veterans, so they passed it off as being "correct" decisions.

Never believe VA propaganda, even if they fail to include a margin of error %.

Remember - All VA decisions are "correct" until they are appealed and deemed to be incorrect.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.