Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

OGBYN qualified to complete Knee, Back & Ankle Exam?

Rate this question

SemperFiGeek

Question

So after receiving my C-File and reading the doctors notes for my Knee, Back and Ankle exam two months ago and realizing something was off as her rationale make little sense given my record I looked into the doctors qualifications and found that she is gynecologist who apparently began with the VA Exam Contractor QTC Management after being losing a lawsuit for malpractice. My problem is this lady should not be doing exams on these issues when it is not her specialty. Her medical opinion and rationale is attached here but she says my back and ankles are less than likely secondary to my service connected knee and feet issues because of my weight but she obviously failed to consider that the weight gain has a lot to due with the physical limitations caused by the service connected feet and not being able to exercise which is noted in my service records. The VA has not made a decision yet. Is there any way to challenge her opinion?

MedicalOpinionVA.png

Just wanted to give you all an update that I challenged the exams and was granted new exams for my knees and shaving bumps. The request for the new exams was put in on Friday 2/19. My question now is if they are requesting new knee exams are they getting new medical opinions based on those new exams since I was denied secondary connection for my ankles and back based on the faulty knee exam.. 

• HadIt.com Elder
On 11/21/2015 at 11:23 PM, PCW said:

+1

The problems with C&P exams are usually when the C&P contributes to a denial, not an approval.  Too many examiners seem to have a bias.

Or, try to shade the results in ways that favor lower ratings or cast doubt on the possible service connection.

Junk science will remain part of the VA's comp system as long as it keeps working.  Deny, delay, claim oops we didn't see that.

The VA can use who ever they want to opine negatively on a claim.  Most certain that they will, but only if you let them get away with it.  

Challenge the exam, go after the credentials of the doctor, illustrate how the bogus opinion relies on incorrect information and speculation, then strengthen your favorable opinion, your favorable evidence. It can take a long time yes, however, if you have a strong foundation for your claim, a Veteran can win.

It's not a paper, rock ,scissors game but here's my take Rock (creditable probative evidence) beats scissors, (VA's bogus, un-rationalized, junk science medical opinions) every time.

JMO good luck

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r: