Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Evans Army hospitial

Rate this question

Havalina

Question

In August of this year I was sent to Evans Army Hospital for a neuropsych eval. It was one of the atrocious evaluations that I have experienced. Not only did the examiner provoke me to where I lost it during the evaluation. On her report she blatantly lied and then went on to accuse me of symptom exaggeration. I filed a med board complaint against the doctor, after it was reviewed by another and independent psychologist and he confirmed that there was enough evidence to substantiate a claim.

This was not my first neuropsych eval, as I am service connected for a TBI. There have been several articles recently published about the wide spread misconduct at Evans Army Hospital at Ft. Carson. Several members of the Senate have requested that the Army OIG conduct an investigation. I was a veteran and not active duty when I was sent down there.

I am posting the article's links and the letter from the Senate. If you have had issues with the mental behavioral staff at Evans Hospital. Please contact Senator Bennett's office 303-455-7600, I would like for the VA OIG to also open up an review. I talked to them in August and the will not look at individual complaints for VA.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/04/454675053/lawmakers-call-for-army-to-investigate-misconduct-discharges-of-service-members

http://www.npr.org/2015/10/28/451146230/missed-treatment-soldiers-with-mental-health-issues-dismissed-for-misconduct

I normally would not put something like this out, but if they did to me and the folk's in the article. How many others have the screwed. I am also asking that the VA start to recording C&P EXAMS.

Thanks

Havalina

Edited by Havalina
tbi spelling issues

• HadIt.com Elder

The OIG is sent out to different VAMC at Random & Vet Clinics....for inspections and  the treatment of veterans.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I wonder how random the OIG visits are. I have family who works in a long term care facility and they always seem to find out a couple of days ahead when the state inspectors arrive.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

It would be truly amazing what they would find if they really did want to fix the whole system and actually looked with both eyes open.

I wonder how random the OIG visits are. I have family who works in a long term care facility and they always seem to find out a couple of days ahead when the state inspectors arrive.

That should not ever happen. I work for a government agency, and they too, find out a couple days in advance when the OIG shows up. It should never be announced.

I should say, I work as a contractor for a government agency...so I never actually am involved with an OIG (at least, not yet).

Edited by Sgt. Wilky
clarification

BOHICA

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

That should not ever happen. I work for a government agency, and they too, find out a couple days in advance when the OIG shows up. It should never be announced.

I should say, I work as a contractor for a government agency...so I never actually am involved with an OIG (at least, not yet).

I agree!

My father spent 24 years in the Army and always said that if you have to prepare for an inspection then you have already failed it. He said persistent high standards ensure that failure is not an option.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• HadIt.com Elder

Knowing ahead of time is common amongst many government agencies, sometimes well in advance.