Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

strange

Rate this question

harrysday

Question

I got a  strange call today for increases on my rated sc% disabilities which I got rated for this past may. I did not put in for this.

I told the comp&pen guy this and he said some of my claims where rated wrong I got 80%and I should be rated at 100% I don't believe them is this normal and happy thanksgiving

Chuck75:

I know that the VBA does audit completed claims for quality assurance and sometimes that does results in some contentions being increased due to an error by the rater? Frankly, this is a nice part of the process that actually helps vets. But keep in mind, when they (VBA) finds  something that is missed or is an error by the rater, it could go the other way and result in another newly scheduled  CP to clarify a contention or challenge one? However, I've heard of many ionstances where this has happened and I'm so glad that this went your way. Goodspeed and Goodluck..Rootbeer22

I just got a call today to schedule 2 C&P appointments for a claim I submitted for in June.  I was awarded 90% in June 2015 (70% PTSD and a host of others).  I submitted a follow-up claim shortly after the award in June.  When I asked the lady that called what the appts were for, she indicated one was for my knee condition and the other was for a reevaluation of my PTSD.  I've only been rated for 6 months!

I was too bud, I did not want to ask cause I am only 33 and was just Medically Retired 2 years ago. I thought that the VA would be sniffing at my butt for the next 20 years until I got gray hair. But in fact, I just have too many medical issues for the VA to not accept that I will not get better. I mean I have a handful of items that I have not even filed for, to include Sleep apnea, which by itself will be 50%. I am just fine leaving it alone for now. Just continue to seek treatment at the VA, and soon enough you will be permanent. God Bless

Navy04,

I am chipping away at the rating block, hoping to finally expose that triple digit treasure soon enough.  I have 6 open, and 2 of them will push me past that 100 mark.  And I have one that is in a whole other place(spina bifida in dependent child of AO Nam Vet) that is on it's own pace to be completed by Presidential election date of 2020...or was it 2024???

Anywhoo,  I have been SC'd since 11/98 and have yet to be reviewed for any of my SCDs.  Some have been looked at in conjunction with new and/or reopened claims, but those were all initiated by my actions. 

Semper Fi.

Andyman

When I was at my county veterans office a couple years ago, the secretary showed me the letter that they recieve from the rater.  She said I could look at it, but not have it as it had the raters name on it, etc..  She did make me a copy covering his info.

Anyway, this is the only doc I have that states most if not all of my SC disabilities are "static".  Which is supposed to mean life long with little chance of getting better and therefore should not be reduced in the future.

Find out if yours are static, and maybe that will ease you mind a little.

But remember, its the VA, and they can do what and when they want..

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

Smirak,

It can be a good or bad thing, that you are being reviewed already. Really hard to say at this time. But as I say, just go in there be honest, and the medical evidence will speak for itself.  The VA typically wont Reevaluate smaller %s, or conditions where the highest % is low at most, like Tinnitus which is only 10%. Good luck and keep us posted

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

update merry Christmas to all well im in the 100% club now according to ebennys site 100% ptsd 30%ibs/gerd 10%tinnitus 10%hearing loss 10%R knee10%Lknee 20%Lshoulder 10%Rshoulder ive been crying all day thanks to all on this site and Never Give Up The Fight