Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

So is this an official ptsd diagnosis?

Rate this question

sauerkraut1977

Question

Need Some info My fellow Brothers and sisters. I just saw on My ebenefits account tonight the following...

Total Combined Disability

You have a 30% final degree of disability. This percentage determines the amount of benefit pay you will receive.

unspecified anxiety disorder with features of obsessive compulsive disorder and other trauma related disorder ( claimed as posttraumatic stress disorder)
30%
Service Connected
Non-PTSD Personal Trauma
07/23/2015

tinnitus
Not Service Connected

To me this seemed a bit contradictive. I mean they gave me a rating but it Kind of does not make sense. Do i have ptsd or some disorders that are service connected. Also this diagnosis does not include my issues of hypervigalence or sleep disorders I disclosed to the shrink. When and should you appeal things like this and the denial of my tinnitus. A couple of more questions if I may 1. How long does it take to get back payed and payments to start? 2. Do the rates raise every december 1st? Thanks for all and any help. God bless.

Congrats on the SC, and I totally agree with USMC. I have a ton of Mental Issues, but all rated under 70% PTSD. Remember that all similar conditions the VA will group. I have GERD and Barretts Esophagus rated under my 30% Crohns Disease, yet they are not the same and treated differently. The VA will not "Pyramid" multiple conditions that are in the same group per their CFR regulations. I was granted Tinnitus, and I did not even ask for it, due to my Naval Aviation MOS. Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Congrats on the SC, and I totally agree with USMC. I have a ton of Mental Issues, but all rated under 70% PTSD. Remember that all similar conditions the VA will group. I have GERD and Barretts Esophagus rated under my 30% Crohns Disease, yet they are not the same and treated differently. The VA will not "Pyramid" multiple conditions that are in the same group per their CFR regulations. I was granted Tinnitus, and I did not even ask for it, due to my Naval Aviation MOS. Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless

thats a good point.

I filed for sleep disturbance awhile back after my PTSD.  They denied it as not service connected but also that any sleep disturbances that i had that were caused by my PTSD would not be rated seperately.  Basically they said i did have sleep disturbances but since they were PTSD they were denying a seperate condition.  However that is going to bit them soon with my apnea claim that will date back if i do it right.

If you have issues that are all part of the "family" of symptoms for your MH disease and cannot be attributed solely to a completely different condition they wont be seperately rated.

70% - PTSD

->50% - OSA (Secondary to PTSD)

30% - Bilateral Pes Planus w/Plantar Fasciitis

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

0% - bilateral shin splints

thank you all for the gat input. a little m,ore back ground i was a 93F field artillery meterologist and much to my dismay it was not on the tinnitus mos list so i will definately have to appeal that one. i am blessed i got my foot in at 30% but it gets me after having doing ptsd research that they rated me as mh disorder when issues such as sleep disorder, and things like  depressing were not mentioned. i am 38 on the 26th of this month and was in prison for 71/2 for an assault case and just got out. it said i still have an open claim for a possiable incarceration adjustment, anybody know anything about what that might mean??? under ptsd criteia anxiety and ocd are symptoms. as far as affecting my employment i had to get a job in order to live and got one that goes with my social probles. i work in a warehouse by myself and there are only two other employees i do not have to deal with. if i change jobs i will drive a dump truck again so i do not like working around many people. they also did not address my hyperarousal being constanty on guard and i hate it because i can not find a happy middle. i go from either 90 to nothing so basically my isssue is it not being recognized as ptsd, the lowball on the percentage i was hoping for at least 50 maybe 70 considering my symptoms with their criteria listing. thanks again to all you for you feedback and i will get the exam results soon. i did a foia request for them yesterday because VES did my c and P exams and i will be sure to get my c file also soon so i can get things lined up for my appeal. you all are wonderful and i apperciate each and everyone who responded!!! god bless Jason

Bitter German, Oops, I meant sauerkraut1977,

Welcome to Hadit, here we take care of our own, because no one else understands or really cares.  If they did, the VA would have been fixed generations ago, and our Nation would honor Vets first(after God) every day.

Semper Fi.

Andyman