Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thankful for 100% P&T

Rate this question

waccamawwild

Question

I just want to thank the members of hadit.com from whom I learned how to handle a DRO Appeal which resulted in me being awarded 100% Permanent and Total. I was for many years 30% service connected and finally was increased to 80% in 2001. I have finally received service connection for Bipolar Disorder after many many years. I must tell all of you out there that you can never give up! I finally feel peace! Never ever give up!

It is still hard for me to relax after fighting VA for so long but I am trying. My wife says that I am not tense all the time. Really wish all the best to all the members on hadit.com

On 1/30/2016 at 9:33 AM, waccamawwild said:

It is still hard for me to relax after fighting VA for so long but I am trying. My wife says that I am not tense all the time. Really wish all the best to all the members on hadit.com

Boy do I understand THAT feeling.  Dealing with the VA is SO TIME-CONSUMING that that fight just never seems to go away... ever.  I am dealing with that same feeling nearly all of the time.  Granted, I have only been P&T for just a couple of months, so I sure hope that the angst of dealing with the VA will diminish over time but I sure do not want to let my guard down.

Congratulation,

and you are right, never ever give up, because you can get the benefits you and your family deserve, if you are willing to put in the work, time, effort, and hadit.com. Enjoy your benefits, and God Bless!

Congratulations.  Persistence Wins while Giving up Never Wins.  Often the battle boils down to fighting, literally, until your last breath because VA wants you to die before they award benefits.  Delay until we die use to be just a slogan with VA, now they have put that into action, with a new BVA appeal now taking about 5 years, and that time frame is growing.  

Understand, even if you win at the BVA, the decision has to be implemented by the Regional Office, and it took my VARO 3 years to do that.  Example:

I got a decision in 2008.  This was applied for in 2002, so it took 6 years for that.  I appealed.

The appeal was remanded in 2012.  Three years later, in 2015, The VARO denied it again.  Now, Im back at the BVA, so, if its favorable, I may see benefits by 2020, 18 years from when I first applied.