Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA gathering Evidence

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I was thinking about this...I sent off to St Louis for my STR Records Before I filed  but they did not send me everything I needed  no morning reports or duty from Germany  they only sent me my vietnam records and there  were not that many and I didn't get the records I wanted./needed & no morning reports in those either? only 10 pages from vietnam...I thought somethings wrong with this picture?

I spent 2 tours in Nam and surely they should be more than just 10 pages of records.

St Louis informed me that I needed to get medical records from my VAMC or any VAMC that treated me.

Anyway I sent  them (VA claims intake center) what Records  I had favorable to my claim.

Now they are gathering  evidence...Question? what if St Loise sends them records they never sent me? how do I find out?

should I re-submit my for records again from St Louis?....The first time I sent a request from St Louis I ask for ALL records All that they had, I received 10 pages of records Plus 2 copies of my DD-214... only one Record was favorable.

Anybody Know?

...........Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

I wanted to add this  I requested my C-File Back in July...not heard a word  so I called the 1-800 number and they said it was awaiting a signature and then they would send it  that was last month.

I need my C-File like yesterday, because I just have  GUT feeling VA is going to get records I never got...and I don't know what would be in them...although I never was in trouble the whole time I was in the service  no article 15's an such.

.......Buck

Buck if you sent that FOIA request letter, did you send it with the GREEN card, return receipt?  I would send a letter  reminding them of their obligations per the requirement of the law.  Mention your previous requests submittal date and what the regs and law state they are obligated to comply.  If you have the green card I would send a copy of that as well. Just as a gentle GET IN YOUR FACE reminder.  

JMO

Buck,

If you already tried the National Archives route, twice, maybe it's time to go a different direction.  Someone told me that they went on to the President's official website(Pres.gov?) and used the contact us link on there to inquire about their records that just couldn't seem to be found.  Lo and behold he got his service and medical records in near record fashion.  So...it's worth a shot.

Andyman

• HadIt.com Elder

Andyman

I sent the request to the National Archives in St Louis & requested ALL records (everything they had)

if you don't request the records on the internet  then there's no way of checking on them  only by phone call or snail mail.

I did both.

Do you happen to have a number or address?

Thanks Buddy

ArNG11  Yes I have the greencard where they signed for it...I'll do that to   Thanks.

........................Buck

I tried to get mine 3x...each time the first year of my records were gone.  Filled out a form...NA 13042 "request for info needed to locate medical records" and ID'd the dates and places...and they looked...and gave me a written reply that there were no records...I sent this info in w/claim...I don't think they even verified it...but hey...that's the RO...they don't talk about much no matter.

• HadIt.com Elder

pwrslm

Did you get win your claim?

if they cannot find the records  then they have to use reasonable doubt & duty to assist...if the veteran can provide information related as closely as to what happen and where  within a 60 day timeframe or reasonable information that accounts for his time in service  such as buddy statements /where abouts and dates .

.I did that in my claim  but mostly provided some records that was favorable to my claim & also showed the  record for  my extended time in Vietnam  I sent that record to them too, there were no morning reports or my time accounted for...I need the dates...and I remember a special date but I can't remember to save my sould exactly when it was  but I remember some of my buddys went to see the Bob Hope USO Show..I didn't get to go I had duty...I think it was around the end of Nov or first part of December/middle of December?..I mention I could not remember the dates   see records...they should be records of it.  but I did put down this was the best of my recollection.  but see records for this account.

I put down dates in between with in a year  but I just never kept up with the dates I was over there  until I became a short-timer  the last two months of my vietnam service.

I DON'T HAVE THOSE RECORDS.

.........Buck