• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Remand from CAVC

Rate this question

RUREADY

Question

Finally a decision was made today on my remand its been with judge

since 8-15 glad they made one but why I just have a bad feeling about

the outcome of this decision. No feeling at all it will be in my favor. I have no

faith in VA system

I grew up on a cattle ranch in Western Colorado, and a "cowboy" is a term that I consider an honor, and certainly no disgrace.  

As an example, only the most successful 1% or so of Americans can purchase a 1000 acre cattle ranch,  as did my father.  We used to watch "Bonanza" and the Cartwrights were well respected in the community as we were.  

However, we mostly did not speak highly of cowboy "wannabe's" who wore a hat and pretended to be cowboy.  

This is not unlike Veterans.  Watching "Gomer Pyle, USMC" or "The Sniper" does not make one a Veteran.  

We earned the title of "Veteran"  through hard work and a life or death committment.  

In a similar way, I gave up participation in high school sports, in favor of mowing and baling hay, fixing fences, and, yes branding and castrating cattle to be a cowboy.  I wear the badge with honor.  Next time you have a steak or even a hamburger, remember that one or more cowboys made that meal possible.  

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 5:36 PM, asknod said:

Ask that on the radio show in about 26 minutes, cowboy and I'll tell you all about it.

http://asknod.org/2016/02/18/friday-hadit-radio-show-at-1600-hrs-on-the-left-coast/

Cleared to active runway...

I think there was a misinterpretation of someone calling someone a cowboy and certainly don't want to speak for anyone. I read this as Asknod has someone on his show named cowboy.

But anyhow,

RUReady this is by FAR the best vet site to getting help! I've been to the other so called site and that was a joke! Don't get offended just b/c you assumed they called you a cowboy. Hell you can call me cowboy all day long and wouldn't give 2 shits. I would get pissed if you called me late for dinner and my hot meal turned cold. :lol: Just read and if you need to take notes, do like I do and put it on word or whatever program you have. This has helped me tremendously! Research the question you have in your head at that time and try to find the answer to it in all these posts. Sincerely!!

Thank you for your service and good luck to you!!

Asknod I'm seriously gonna have to call in once I get a schedule of when you go live to see if you talk like a cowboy to, LOL! Love reading your articles, BTW, you called me sir on your contact page and don't ever call me that again!

It's a brevet title you earn until you prove you are not entitled by your actions. What the hey? You might have been awarded the CMOH and earned the sobriquet. I'd look pretty stupid if I didn't call you sir.

I'd call my father sir if he were still alive. He is what inspires me to do this. 28 Air Medals, 16.5 air-to-air kills in 7 months (Nov. 1944-May 1945). 250 straight in Skeet (1957). I never saw him miss a dove or a grouse. 

grahma  anc.jpg

We've filed a dispute with the RBA the Board provided to the CAVC on a pro se appeal we filed.  Not only did we find two medical records (including social security numbers) belonging to two women in my husband's claims file, but also many instances of nothing but black scanned pages and pages that we couldn't read because they didn't feed into the scanner properly.  Finally, we noticed an IMO missing that we provided to the Board prior to its denying the appeal which was sent and proven received via certified mail.  The claims file numbered over 7,600 pages.  So we filed the dispute and notified the House Veterans Affairs Committee.  I was assured that they are very interested in the fact that confidential medical records are being misfiled and then copied and sent to the wrong veterans as part of their RBA, which of course, destroys the Presumption of Regularity the VA hides behind when they forget to notify veterans of exams, send notices to the wrong address, lose evidence the veteran has sent in, etc..   The Committee is in the process of deciding how to best handle this and told us they'd get back to us.  

Interesting, lotsaspotz.  As I have said in the past, shreddergate goes on.  Sometimes, rather than shred probative evidence, its simply placed in another Vets file, where it not only will likely never be found, but when the Veteran who is the "recipient" of another Vets file notices it, what would he do with these?  

Shreddergate is obviously still happening at the BVA level, too, not just at the RO level.  

Enter the electronic records.  This is gonna be an embarrassment for VA, because, when they shred stuff, they dont always know if it was done before it was scanned in, or after.  

2 hours ago, broncovet said:

Interesting, lotsaspotz.  As I have said in the past, shreddergate goes on.  Sometimes, rather than shred probative evidence, its simply placed in another Vets file, where it not only will likely never be found, but when the Veteran who is the "recipient" of another Vets file notices it, what would he do with these?  

That's exactly the reason we haven't forwarded the misfiled documents to the Committee.  Now that we've acknowledged that the documents don't belong to my husband, I thought we'd suffer legal liability for sharing the information with any outside party without a subpoena.  Whether or not the Committee actually ends up doing anything about this, we've made our point with the CAVC.  We're still waiting for a correct and complete RBA to be sent to us, and hopefully we've done some good in taking a chunk out of the statute which supports the Presumption of Regularity.

Edited by lotzaspotz