VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received DAV letter of representation for upcoming NOD hearing!

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

Okay so I received this letter DAV letter_Redacted.pdf and I am questioning myself as to whether or not to use them?  I hired a DAV rep in 2013 when I lived in DC but I haven't spoken to any DAV rep in over 1-1/2 years.  The WACO DAV knows NOTHING about my NOD.  We were just talking about this in another thread about releasing your POA.

Is it wise to go without a DAV rep?  I think I am my own best advocate and I am a bit worried he/she will not know anything about my NOD.

Thoughts?

Buck;

Okay so I have read that you can simply fill out a VA21-4138 and revoke it, you can send an IRIS revoking it, and then you should send it to DAV as well.

Not sure what to do here but I am going to revoke it ASAP! 

Edited by Navy4life

13 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Its not eazy to dismiss or revoke your POA You need to do that in writing  theres a ''form'' for it  but even when you do that  it does not mean they revoke your DAV POA There was a thread on this last summer about firing your POA (I'll see if I can find it and the form to dismiss your POA)

...you may continue to receive letters from them (DAV)...just Ignore them   and if you ever have to go past the RO and into the BVA Courts  you can hire a Private Attorney   ...Remember the DAV can't go with you past RO Level anyway.

....Buck

Hey Buck, the DAV can represent you at a BVA hearing, he can't do it at the CAVC, I had a DAV rep at my 2013 BVA hearing videoconference.

But yes, I probably would have a DAV rep just sit in the hearing, as I explain my case during the hearing.

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh ok I stand corrected.

Thanks

.........Buck

16 minutes ago, Palma114 said:

Hey Buck, the DAV can represent you at a BVA hearing, he can't do it at the CAVC, I had a DAV rep at my 2013 BVA hearing videoconference.

But yes, I probably would have a DAV rep just sit in the hearing, as I explain my case during the hearing.

Not sure I want a DAV rep in there that knows NOTHING about my case.  The letter tells me to come one hour prior to the hearing to talk.  Again the DAV rep knows nothing about my case and too me that makes me uncomfortable......But I will seriously think about it!

• HadIt.com Elder

Navy4life

I believe the form has changed to 21-22(a)

Also Dallas VAMC has a DAV office on the 1st floor just down from the PX store to the left  look on the walls for the direction arrow.

I believe its the first breezeway to the left just after you pass the store

Let me know how it goes, you may ask them to send you confirmation after its revoke.. & keep that letter.

I too am thinking about having my DAV Revoked 

they have not did anything to help me with my claim, I had my PTSD C&P and they never informed me actually they never have informed me on anything or gave me any support.

if that ask my reason for the revoke I will tell them this.

good luck on this

.................Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

Even if they sit in on your Hearing  thats no help if they don't speak up for you..My DAV Rep never said a word & the hour they give you for preperation is not enough time to say everything that needs to be said...the DAV should already be informed of your case

besides if the DAV can't represent you at CAVC then there's no need having them as your POA

This is when the veteran needs a good experience private attorney that has VA Law expertise.

There are ''pros''& ''cons'' about the DAV POA's we all just need to ask our self  are they doing there job in representing us?  if they are  then yes keep them  if not  fire them.

jmo

................Buck