• donate-be-a-hero.png

Demotions Reversed?

green

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

You have heard the saying: "No good deed goes unpunished"

The VA has a new saying: "No scandal goes unrewarded"

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• HadIt.com Elder

And you expected something different?

Bureaucrats protect (who else) themselves. The regulations and laws have been slanted in their favor for years.

If things go really wrong, they reorganize, and shuffle people around so that the "new" people can claim

"no knowledge, not on my watch". (And then, without outside intervention, they go back to the same old behavior the same old way.)

(Been there, watched it happen!) 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
12 hours ago, GuaymasJim said:

Vync:  Exactly!

I also saw that a few times in the Army when I was in, but under a different context. The people who were reliable and got the work done were always held back, but the people who caused problems tended to get promoted. Hence, the "screw ups move up" saying.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

It is absurd.

I am sure someone posted this here already but maybe not:

"According to the superseding information filed on January 14, 2016, between February 2012 and April 2015, Howe obtained health care benefits from the Veterans Affairs Health Benefits Program. He also obtained fraudulent travel reimbursements from the VA, and applied for a VA pension. He falsely claimed he was a decorated United States Marine Corps veteran and the recipient of three Purple Heart medals, although he had never enlisted or served in the armed forces of the United States."

http://www.justice.gov/usao-edca/pr/shasta-county-man-pleads-guilty-defrauding-va-falsely-claiming-he-was-decorated-veteran

I think whoever got his claims awarded should be fired.Better yet the director of this RO should be fired.

How the heck can this crap happen, when deserving veterans (who are Real veterans)

often spend years waiting for their proper comp?

When I went to Lackland to see my daughter graduate from BT (USAF) I had my deceased husband's DD214, and 215 and even some VA decision with me, thinking if I purchased some medals at the BX, they would want some proof.They never asked for any proof.

I could have purchased Officer's designations and even the PH, which he was not eligible for.

Probably even the MOH was there too.

How the heck can this crap happen?

These successful wannabees, in my opinion, are helped from someone on the inside ( of VA),who might even get a $ kickback for somehow manipulating their claim by accepting false data.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.