Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

So, #5 on the fastest growing businesses in the country...

TALON II FE

No. 5 thriving: Administration of veteran's affairs

> Employment growth from 2005-2014: 106.2%
> Avg. annual employment growth: 8.4%
> Employment total: 52,538
> Avg. annual wage: $72,534

The Department of Veteran Affairs is one of the largest departments in the U.S. federal government. The administration of veterans' affairs industry is also one of the fastest growing in the country. Industry employment has more than doubled since 2005 to its current level of 52,538 employees. In 2008, the United States had roughly 188,000 troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. In the years since, the war in Iraq has ended and the majority of those soldiers are home.

The Department of Veteran Affairs has come under scrutiny in recent years due to the backlog of veterans claiming disability benefits. However, perhaps due to recent growth in industry employment, currently less than 80,000 veterans have been waiting longer than four months for the department's decision on their case. Two years ago, the backlog included more than 600,000 veterans.

A few things on here I like:  How they got a nice 'pat on the back' in the second paragraph.  I also like that their average pay is more than my 100% rating and retirement as a SNCO combined.  Soon, there will be more VA employees than Vets.

Hmm, makes me wonder, for those employees that cheat Veterans out of benefits, how much on average does a Veteran loose by not being rated and treated correctly.  Yes, the folks that have passed away, because of lack of care and/or too little,and sub-standard care.  I would like to know this, just to put things in perspective. Also might as well put the figures of mishandled and denied care along with suicide rates and mortality rates for the folks that leave this world due to the VA's process.  

I know this might sound harsh and creepy, but I know the beam counters know this information, they bank on it.

Talon, really, 100% plus SNCO pay, crap.  Money is a tool that helps but I rather have repairs, replacements, and treatment that are both cost effective and provide a better standard of life.

Edited by ArNG11
full idea and question

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
4 hours ago, broncovet said:

Cheating Veterans out of their benefits is big business.  

You beat me to it!

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

VA job description with truth serum:

1.  You have to have the ability to lose Veterans information, and then claim it was the Veterans own fault. If the Veteran resends the information, promptly lose it again. 

2.  Being literate is optional, while butkissing the boss is not.  

3.  Employees need to be creative, creating glitches when none are there.  

4.  All employees have to be committed to increasing the Veterans backlog.  

5.  Why put off a Veterans claim until tommorrow, when you can delay it until next year, instead?

6.  All employees will be committed to doing things the least efficient way.  

7.  VA employees who do VA payroll will ensure that all employees are paid before any Veterans get paid, each and every day.

8.  VA employees will assume all Veterans seeking benefits are liars trying to cheat the VA out of money for hard working employees parties, and bonuses.  

9.  VA employees shall get involved with internal VA employee corruption, or, at least sign a document promising to "look the other way" when other employees do the same.

10.  All VA employees will practice lying to each other, so that when its necessary to lie to a Veteran (all the time), the employee will be good at lying.  Honesty in VA employees will not be tolerated, especially whistleblowers.