Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal on docket, opinions on

Rate this question

Eileen Gabellini

Question

My name is Eileen. My appeal is going before the BVA seeking an increase for specific phobias increase evaluation for hearing loss earlier effective date for both increase in the valuation for residuals of right clavicular fracture which is currently 10%. Earlier effective date for residuals all right clavicular fracture. Evaluation in excess of 40% for traumatic brain injury. Service connection for PTSD. Entitlement for TDIU. I am currently at 80% disability. I am paid for 60% disability. 40% is for the brain injury 10% is for phobias 10% is for tonight is  at 80% disability. I am paid for 60% disability. 40% is for the brain injury 10% is for phobias 10% is for tinnitus tonight us tinnitus. 0% for a hearing loss. 10% for right clavicle fracture. I can't remember the other 10% of the moment.

0% for a hearing loss. 10% for right clavicle fracture. I can't remember the other 10% of the moment.  I have a letter from the neurologist at VA in North Carolina. His statement is pretty long but the summary is after this type of injury when I would expect to see memory loss and poor organizational skills from the temporal lobe damage, mood swings and panic attacks and powerful emotional outbursts  from the frontal lobe damage as well as depression from the temporal and frontal lobe damage. She has poor balance and dizziness which is also consistent with head injury. These ongoing and permanent effects of her head injury Will not improve. They affect her daily. She is unable to function in any employment situation due to these problems Will not improve. They affect her daily. She is unable to function in any employment situation due to these problems. 

My legal representation also had a vocational expert review my entire file and interview me about the effects I experience from my brain damage. When we got to the part of dizziness and disequilibrium  he said that he didn't need any more information from me. Do any of you have an opinion as to how you think this may play out? I would appreciate your input. It's been a long eight years getting to this point 

Edited by Eileen Gabellini
Typo

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet

How is the PTSD moot? if they made the other disability's the secondary?

I had TDIU & P&T at 90%combined rating as you know,  but when I was rated 70%for S.C. PTSD.

The VA Rater made me 100%  He added the  SC 10% for tinnitus to  to the 90%combined to make it 100% (I think?) plus the SC 70%  and   I met the criteria for SMC S1....But in ebenny's it says I am IU P&T  and Additional SMC S-1

On Ebenny's it has the blue circle with the 100% rating?

Is this veteran rated at  a combined rating 100%=yes

Is this veteran P&T = YES

Does this veteran have additional SC disability's =yes

Is this Veteran considered TDIU =YES...?

Do they add the SC disability's that I had and add the PTSD Together?  I know They rate them separately?

However the 70% PTSD got me to the SMC-S-1 By the statutory rating.

Having this rating I ''thought the TDIU was Moot?& I was finally 100% scheduler?

So actually I don't  know what the heck they did  or rated me...I did get the increase in the comp between the 100% and the SMC S-1

What you think broncovet?

Sorry to the Original Poster I didn't mean to high jack your thread here.  I apologize Mam!

..............Buck

Edited by Buck52