Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How the VA handles Bad Bosses

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

This article explains the constantly shuffling of bad bosses at VA.  The victims?  You guessed it, Veterans.  

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2016/02/25/dcnf-outs-bad-va-bosses-new-map/?inf_contact_key=49a4e7cd0e453fcbd74961ec0e57a6ee69bf22a6347a95d64e91b4b6ae43a04e

MCC.....

Go ahead and "pull the cancer card".  You deserve to have all the comforts possible, even if/especially if your cancer is not terminal.  If you get better, and the cancer goes into remission "hurray".  

I can not tell you how many times I have heard some VA employee/VSO say something like, "oh dont bother to appeal that..it will get denied again."  .....and then hear of the Veteran winning his benefits!  

A VA employee told me exactly that...and that gave me the resolve to win my beneifts.  If the Veteran feels like he is entitlted, he should not have to be "pre screened" by a VSO or Va employee.

Vync.....

Wow, we need to remeber that.  

16 hours ago, MCCFR97 said:

So funny you posted that. I had to go to go to the DAV yesterday, which is inside my VARO. I went there to add more evidence to my N&M evidence that has already been turned in (214's for my buddy statements and making my statement from a letter to a sworn affidavit). Anyway before I went I called the day before to talk to my NSO. I have always had a great experience at the VARO. Not that day, first some other NSO guy calls and says, the VA doesn't accept Multiple Myeloma. I corrected him and he then says "well, your not gonna win this claim because you weren't at Lejune" I told him I know this and I just want to add some evidence. He tells me "the SA will make no difference and the 214's for the buddy statements won't matter because the VA doesn't recognize buddy statements anyway".

Whatever, I went down there yesterday and asked for a supervisor. I was told they were all out and who do you think was my NSO? That's right, Mr personality....I had to listen to this guy tell me, without even looking at my case, "This RO will never approve this claim, especially after they denied it. The DRO will deny you no matter what evidence you have or how good your nexus letter is. So really this is just a formality" Intold him, than what the hell am I waiting on a DRO hearing for? And he said you have to, you don't have a choice. But after they deny you you get to go to the BVA to fight it but that will take 4-5 years. I said, I have cancer, it's terminal, I'll be dead in 4-5 years. He comes back and says, we'll eventually your wife and kid will get the benefits........Sensitive!

I don't pull the cancer card very often, I'm pretty thick skinned and mentally tough but, really dude? Maybe a little sympathy? And I can't tack it to a bad day because he was the same way on the phone the day before.....Wow, the DRO review is just a formality, your gonna get denied....awesome.

I am real sorry to hear that happened to you. There is no excuse for that behavior.  This is just me and ultimately totally up to you in your ball park.  I would try to escalate the situation, maybe even go to the media, however, since your time is limited be decisive on how you spend your allotted time here.  I am all in for a fight, not going to give in, but spend as much time with your loved ones, make what time you are given count. In retrospect that is the most important thing.

This is just my opinion and please don't be offended as that is not my intent. My upmost due regard to you and your family.  Take care and good luck.

...it sure sounds like your claim meets all the criteria for 'accelerated' processing...! There is away to 'bump' it up the the front of the line, hopefully the 'pro's' will chime in.' Don't quit, fight the fight Bro...!

I appreciate the feedback, I was just so....miffed, pissed, baffled, it really brought me down (the negativity). Right now all I want is to see the DAV letter come in today's mail so I know the evidence I gave him is time stamped and he did his job, then I will breathe.

Thing is, I don't buy his bullshit, the whole reason I was there turning that stuff in is because I kind of have a mentor here on Hadit and I believe him way more than the NSO. Last night my wife actually talked to me and as we dissected this guys personality I think momma is right.

This guy thinks he is king shit of turd island and he knows all there is to know. Unfortunately we walk in and I didn't really need his help, I just needed him as a tool to get my evidence in. I think as he spouted off his mouth and tried to tear up my claim (which he didn't have, only a computer screen saying what I've turned in, my previous N&M has not even been downloaded yet to the system) and we showed him, "no we have that and the nexus actually does say this" and we pulled out my copies and showed him, my wife says you could see him physically change, (flushed face and his shoulders sank after we showed him the paperwork that I'm terminal). My wife says he looked stupid. 

Then he says, well are you sure you don't have bad knees? Bad shoulder? PTSD?......what are you, a used car salesman? NO FOOL! I'm dying of cancer! Friggin guy needs a check up from the neck up.....he really twisted my kitten!

No I don't buy his bullshit, I'm ok, my support and knowledge I have learned here on hadit trumps his negativity. 

Funny ending story with this guy, the day before on the phone, he ended the conversation with "Have a nice day!" After he just tore me up for 30 minutes on the phone telling me how the RO will never approve my claim. So the next day at his desk when we were done and I'm shuffling my papers back into my file, I've got my old Marine boonie hat on, and I'm grabbing my cane, without even looking at him I grumbled..."you know, I trained police officers for years coming out of the academy in my 18 years as a cop, and son, after you hand the public an ass chewing or give them bad news, you never EVER tell them to Have a nice day! It's rude, it's crass and it will get you a citizens complaint quicker than naked man sliding down a greese poll" My wife said his face got all red and he looked like a kid being talked to by his father, and he says "But I meant it" and without missing a beat I said, "well your wrong and it's an xxxxxxx thing to do, maybe try, I'm sorry this is not what you wanted to hear, or I hope things work out but never have a nice day" then I looked him in the eye, shook his hand, told him I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot and walked out.

like I said, I don't buy his bullshit or negativity. And I can't throw his game off to much, I need him right now to do his job.....

it ain't nothing personal Marines, it's just business, the big green weenie strikes again!

When my DRO comes up I just need to make sure I don't have that guy as my representative, maybe I'll fly Gastone out here for a week of young women and cold beer and sucker him into being my rep.....I'm gonna need an old war dog...

Hang tough Marine, see it through. You still have the fighting spirit.