Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

new ptsd claim

Rate this question

calicic

Question

hello everyone 

I just had my c and p for ptsd . I have been diagnosed by my sw and  psych doctor also with major depression and anxiety . I'm a gulf war vet so its been 25 years.

I don't think my c and p went well , my examiner was a women seem nice first we started 45 minutes late cause she wasn't notified of me checking in. We rushed through the exam and we went over the area pre post military. she had my file and had notes already taken , not to bore anyone my childhood had one even which i witness a suicide. she ask about the war i told her of three different combat related stressors and broke down with each recall. told her about nightmares , fears , not able to sleep , all the symptoms of ptsd. as soon as I started to tell her how I was feeling the past year , she said you don't have ptsd you have major depression with some symptoms of ptsd , she said its been 25 years so why is all this coming about now and pretty much every question after that each answer was thats not a symptom of ptsd but depression. and i was have the due to my father second bought of lung cancer last year. I tried to tell her i had theses feeling since after the war and she just shook her head and shoot down my answer each time , At the end she said i do have service connection but it was unclear what she meet by that , i have a form of ptsd unspecified mental issues and major depression. anyone have this happen in a exam? she read all my psych notes where i told  the all about my axis and flash backs and all the symptoms which are document with my prolong exposer therapy . 

any input would be great 

thanks 

• HadIt.com Elder

The first question tells you what this is going to be.

you need a diagnose from the VA.

Yes in my opinion you will be denied.

theres nothing to NOD about?

unless you have all records hat will dispute this examiner!

if you don't have a diagnose  then that's a big part of being denied.

you may get some medical records &new IMO and treatment records&meds your taking off myhealthvet notes and send them in and make copies of all your medical and anything that favors your claim and take with you to a C&P.

I'd say you need to start over here hoss.

.............jmo

.....................................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

I recieved diagnosis from the va , Once the claim is rejected should I file for mdd instead of ptsd ?

Chronic post-traumatic stress disorder (SCT 313182004) 

DIAGNOSIS:
Primary (focus of treatment): PTSD, Chronic

Major Depressive Disorder, recurrent, moderate 

From what I read her diagnosis is that you have a major depressive disorder and an anxiety disorder. Your 2nd stressor would seem to be related to service so you may get rated with MDD at 30-50% according to " Occupational and social impairment with occasional decrease in work efficiency and intermittent periods of inability to perform occupational tasks, although generally functioning satisfactorily, with normal routine behavior, self-care and conversation". Most probably 30%.

Again this is just a guess as the rater has access to all your medical records and the complete picture may make your rating more, or perhaps less.

Edited by PCW

Question Caliic - the last sentence of the C&P was cut off " OPINION: The Veteran's Major Depressive Disorder with Anxious Distress is". The part missing is the key to whether you get rated or not. Could you post that missing part for us?