Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What is Going On Now?

Rate this question

Navy04

Question

As most of you have followed along I finally became 100% VA P&T last fall. Well now out of now where I get a call from the Ft Worth VA. So I answered the phone and VA lady said, "We received your Claim for Increase, and need to schedule a C&P Exam".  I did not open anything new claims, as I am Permanent now. She stated that it was related to Bladder issues and that they have to be reviewed every so often. Well I am SC for Testicular Issues and Surgery. I had a few tests and procedures at the Dallas VA, as  my Bladder and Spincer muscle are not working as should. So the VA just scheduled Fee Based Civilian Therapy for a month starting next week. If that does not work then I have to have an Implant put in my lower back in June. What do you guys think is happening here. I am Permanent, so why would the VA ask for an Exam Review? Thanks in advance guys, Im just tired of looking over my shoulder and dont know what the heck is going on. God Bless

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• Founder

Navy04 the only thing similar I had happen. I was hospitalized and after I got out I found an open claim that I had not filed. They told me the hospital stay triggered the claim and it was just done to check if I was eligible for any other benefits. It was closed and I never heard anything else about it. Perhaps it's some proactive thing they are doing, but who knows. It sure would seem like they could tell you what triggered the exam. The whole system is nerve wrecking and just when you think you're out they pull you back in. Frustrating. 

THanks for the support, I am frustrated cause the VA Secretary said there was no notes of why, other then VA required to look at Bladder. I just always thought that once P&T the VA would not ask for anymore Reviews or Exams, unless the Vet requested an Increase or new condition to be SC. Thanks again

• HadIt.com Elder
12 hours ago, Navy04 said:

THanks for the support, I am frustrated cause the VA Secretary said there was no notes of why, other then VA required to look at Bladder. I just always thought that once P&T the VA would not ask for anymore Reviews or Exams, unless the Vet requested an Increase or new condition to be SC. Thanks again

It can turn out that the VA is obligated to consider some things as an informal claim. Hospitalization can trigger such an event, along with other things.

When they do it, you always suspect that something may be going on that you need to know about. When you try to trigger a look at an informal claim that may exist, the VA usually fights about it.

Thanks for the support guys. I will try to get thru the weekend, and not get too stressed. I will go to the exam next Wed, and follow up with you guys. Thanks again