Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Error code 50

Rate this question

mtmorical

Question

My claim has been changing all day! Prep for decision 2 days ago, then to gathering evidence at 12pm, review, to now when I try to log in I get the below message and can't access at all? Why would this happen?

Error Code [50]:We have located your DEERS record; however, it appears there may be invalid information on file. You may contact the DMDC/DEERS Support Office (DSO) at 800-538-9552 for assistance. To best assist you, please call when you are at a computer if possible.

The VA has paid millions to incompetent, but politicially well connected contractors in an attempt to make ebenefits work.  

However, they used to have monkeys at RO's flip coins  instead.  Heads is "yes", Tails is "no" and if the coin lands "on edge", then you get your benefits timely.  However, only about 1 in 10,000,000 ever get the coin to land on edge. 

Va has discountinued the "monkey" program because, even tho its more reliable than the current system, the well connected contractors complain that it hurts their income, so its been discontinued, and its back to the less reliable current system.  

To the OP;

Ebennies is not reliable at all!  I got a call from my DAV rep yesterday to give me an update to my claim.  He let me know it closed and their "unofficial letter" from the DAV was mailed on March 30th, 2016 to me.  He was able to tell me all my claim information.  I told him I tried to look in Ebennies the other day and noticed I went to PFN to PDA to close all in a matter of hours.  My theory to this madness, since I had an FDC that closed last year with denial, is if it says PFN and goes back to PDA, that means the claim has been approved.  At least some of the claim if not all of it.

The DAV rep said Ebennies is no good and he is right.  The only reason I looked at Ebennies is because I knew I was close to finishing and the fact that my DAV rep was OOO for two weeks.  

In the end I got pretty much what I wanted, with an increase and my 100% temp convalescence.  

I am sure it's all good.

BTW, I just tried to log on and it's down.  Wanted to see if it was back up for you!

If you have a Rep, call him or her on Monday! 

Thanks for info all!

What does PFD and PDA mean?

went for prep for decisions to review of evidence but I didn't get a status update note or anything.

Yep still can't get in but a different error message now???

i start pre-law in the fall and I am seriously considering transitioning it to advocacy law because this is crazy. Never asked them for one thing, ever, the redetermined my 10% we didn't request it, but the one time they are jacking me around. Just awful. Not mentioned I got DVT while in service and with the scar, numbness, and associated leg weakness they never rated that either. After this experience I'm done

1 minute ago, mtmorical said:

What does PFD and PDA mean?

PFD = Preparation For Decision

PDA = Pending Decision Approval

Here are all the steps for a VA Claim

http://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/process.asp

2 minutes ago, mtmorical said:

Why would it go all the way back to review of evidence? Will they tell me if there's an issue?

There is no way to tell you that answer.  It could be a numerous of reasons.  Just hang tight and again, call your rep if you have one.  They can provide way more information than Ebennies.