Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Error code 50

Rate this question

mtmorical

Question

My claim has been changing all day! Prep for decision 2 days ago, then to gathering evidence at 12pm, review, to now when I try to log in I get the below message and can't access at all? Why would this happen?

Error Code [50]:We have located your DEERS record; however, it appears there may be invalid information on file. You may contact the DMDC/DEERS Support Office (DSO) at 800-538-9552 for assistance. To best assist you, please call when you are at a computer if possible.

It's not just you, eBenefits is having problems.

I just tried logging into ebenefits and I got the same error message. If the VA was a regular business they would have gone bankrupt by now.

Good! Well meaning it isn't just me! Really concerned me after the chance back to review of evidence. I still do t understand why it went from gathering of evidence to prep for decision and. Ow to review of evidence? Hoping it's good thing??

eBenefits is not accurate and the information it provides is rudimentary at best.  If you try to assign logic to your status, which in many cases ping-pongs without providing any meaningful reason why, you will go bonkers.

A lot of time the VBMS system that VA uses must have the claims status taken forward and then taken backwards for the VA's stats to show what the employees need for them to show.

example: A case is made "Ready for Decision" or RFD and the Rater completes a decision which makes it "Rating Decision Complete" or RDC, BUT then notices that the case actually needs additional evidence that was left out. The case must be reversed through every cycle so the stupid system updates correctly. It goes from gathering evidence to RFD to RDC back to RFD and finally back to evidence review. 

All of these claims status' happen in the span of 30 minutes or less. It's a pain in the behind, and can be a headache for both the Veteran and the VA employee. Upper Management doesn't want their precious stats to continue to show the RFD or RDC status if the case cannot be completed quickly.

Hope that helps a little.

Edited by Meddac

That helps a lot! It's strange because all of my other updates had a status update too and this one did not, just a change of the completeion dates from 5/1-8/16 to 5/4 to 8/18.

there is no more evidence to supple so in Hopi g they are not looking for something that can't be give....