VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hello Everyone

I got Sleep Apnea 50% PTSD 30% GERDS 10% Flat Feet 0% for a total of 70% from the VA

I just found out about SSDI last month I am only 33 but I did 10 years in the Army. I applied for SSDI and was wondering if any one ever got SSDI for any of these issues. I am currently trying to get PTSD to 50% or 70% and GERDS to 30% and Flat Feet bilateral to 30% since now I was told by VA doctors they recommend I should not walk stand or run due to my feet. He sent up an appointment for me to see Feet Doctor to get Orthopedics shoes that he told me I have to wear the rest of my life. If I knew what I knew now I could have applied for SSDI and 100% VA disability 4 years ago. Now I am kind of mad at myself because I possibly lost out on over 1700 extra from VA a month for 4 years which is over 81k and possibly another 1500 extra a month from SSDI from my projected income over my time I have work which comes out to another 76k for a grand total of over 153,000 of those 4 years. so I am mad can you help.

With those Conditions and low ratings, dont think your chance of getting SSDI is high. Depending on what state you live in, can make the SSDI process somewhat or very hard to get approved. I was Medically Retired from Navy  10 yrs active , at 30 with 80% VA. Granted 100% VA and SSDI at 32, I am currently 34.  I am part of the Wounded Warrior Program and my SSDI was approved in 2 months which is darn near impossible in Texas. As you can see by my signature it takes alot to get to the 100% VA mark. Just take your time and make sure you have the Documented VA treatment and Medical Evidence Regardless of whether Vets are Seeking 100% VA or SSDI, I always say Medical Evidence is Medical Evidence. The Govt can not argue when they have an X Ray, MRI or Scan of sorts in front of them. Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless

I put in for the VA to increase my PTSD from 30% to hopefully 50% or 70%. I was dumb 4 years ago and water downed my symptoms because the Military Macho Mentality that suck it up and drive on ideas they filled my head with. I am trying to get the brainwashing out of my head after 10 years in Army and I been out for 4 year now. PTSD is getting worse my wife wants to leave me because of it and my relationship with my son that turns 10 today is not as good as it should be. I have a mental health appt. on Thursday. So far this month I got over 7 appt. and counting.

I live in  Alabama for the state that I applied for the SSDI. Which disability Navy04 got you the golden ticket for SSDI was it the PTSD or the other issues you listed.

Praned1983, Are you being seen by the VA doctors or private. I too have PTSD and was being seen by the VA. Even though it is just their job to treatment it seem like they would word their notes to not help me with a PTSD claim. I ask them to do a DBQ on me and was told they were not allowed. At that point I cancelled my appointment with them and got private doctors to treat me. They have help me a lot and with my PTSD claim too. This was an option for me because I am retired military and I can use my Tricare. If it is an option for you I would recommend see private doctors and not VA doctors. If not you might have to stay with the VA doctors.