VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Feeling screwed

Rate this question

Black3018

Question

I was denied for my fully developed PTSD claim as being not service related. I went to the DAV to file my appeal but they suggested I get treatment and counseling first to establish a paper trail and to get evidence of service connection. After about 6 months of treatment I went to file my appeal. They said to do the reconsideration based on new evidence ( treatment notes and a letter from my VA therapist plus copies of my Purple Heart award) and file a NOD at the same time. In mid March a representative of the VA called and said that reconsideration can go through but i have to drop the nod. I dropped it and I've had a new c&p exam on April 8 and it's still in the gathering evidence phase. My appeal time is over may 25th. After doing more research on my own I discovered that a reconsideration doesn't exist in the VA and I'm pissed at myself for listening to the DAV. Will This be considered a new claim or will my original date of 2-24-15 still be there? I'm also thinking I should file my NOD to preserve my original date but not sure what this will do to my reconsideration. Any advice would be helpful. 

1 minute ago, Black3018 said:

yeah, where is the 30% checked off?  i didnt see it on the report.  please educate me so i can read it more effectiveley

It doesn't state that on the report. Look at your C&P exam and go to the occupational #4 see attached from your report. The language is in alignment with 30% rating based on the PTSD rating table.   See attached screen shot of the 30% criteria wording which matches your C&P. 

image.png

image.png

Just now, Black3018 said:

ok.  hopefully the depressive disorder help boost the %.  thank you

Sometimes a PTSD rating can be higher than the social and occupational rat g but usually they go by that. I wish you the best!!!

thank you.  these reports are hard to read.  i hoping for the best rating based on my issues.  some days are better then others

Just now, Black3018 said:

thank you.  these reports are hard to read.  i hoping for the best rating based on my issues.  some days are better then others

Are you in treatment?  PTSD is a struggle but treatment helps. That is the most important thing.