Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Who was that masked rater?

Rate this question

FormerMember

Question

Have you ever wondered who came up with that gomer denial with no logical rationale? Here's how you find out who wrote it. This will help you if you wish to talk to them.

https://asknod.org/2016/05/09/varo-hide-and-seek/

"to your knowledge....." is a real wiggly statement and yo have no way to substantiate it. As for whether I am a member of any other sites, so what of it? You can choose to disregard their information if you like, but its a bit pretentious to post here advocating knowledge to veterans yet in the same post dissuade them from that same knowledge. Whether or not you like certain members over there or not is your choice but ive found over the last 14 years that I have been out there are members over there and on other sites that I listen to because of their prior association with VA. I may not like what they have to say but that doesn't make their information any less valid-it usually means instead that I was drawing conclusions that were incorrect and seeking confirmation bias, something that only wastes time and clogs up the claims process with non substantiated claims and appeals and direct communiques to VA employees whose job it isn't to communicate directly with Veterans. Id rather they be rating cases than responding to emails from veterans that didnt get what they want. That is what the appeals process is for, and submitting a fully developed and well documented claim. 

regards, 

CAS

Edited by brokensoldier244th

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

2 hours ago, asknod said:

I'm sorry you feel that way, Tbird. If you feel it is useless.or somehow divisive and counterproductive, feel free to remove it. Many attorneys consider it a Godsend since I put it up on my site over four years ago. To my knowledge, no one has ever abused it or tried to intimidate a rater with the knowledge gained from it. I would think any who know me here or at my site know I have to comport with the laws of VA as an Officer of the Court. I would never advocate or condone malice or misfeasance. 

Any attorney already knows how to do this, you didnt show them anything they didnt know how to do. if they didnt know how to do this I would be seeking a better attorney,. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

The gentleman felt the tenor of my blog was to gain knowledge for evil purposes. This shows a marked propensity to paint Veterans as capable of, or an  inclination, to resort to physical violence. That may or may not be a personality disorder on his part that would cause him to mention it.... but it is identical to the tenor of the help site being discussed. 

Don't put words im my mouth, Nod. I didnt say your site was evil or you were advocating it. As an infosec person I know very well what a little information can do. Advocating on the internet to go look for the name of the person that rates you is not very responsible, and it is outside their job description to deal directly with the veteran, in part to maintain non-bias. I also don't have a personality disorder, so I really have to question motive and attitude when that is where you go after a little disagreement. Some vets are violent, some people have bad motives. You have no control over what I or anyone else does with that post and it would only take a few " but I saw it on NOD'S blog how to find this person" to get you deep in the shit. Take it for what its worth, i was trying to do you a favor by reminding everyone of the realities of the internet. 

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

Roger that sir.  Best if we just roll this one up and censor it. Infosec has been violated.  Vets simply cannot be trusted with this stuff. Bad Juju... I guess Theresa and I ought to push erase on this puppy. Of course, seeing's as I put it up in February of 2013, you'd think there would have been a marked rise in VA rater attacks or homicides. All I saw was a rise in hits from attorneys.

Knowledge is power. Suppress the knowledge and you deprive the Veteran of the choice to know and force them to remain in the dark.  

Oh good grief. Could you bd any more hyperbolic? I do hope you are being sarcastic. You are missing the point- that VA rater employees are not, nor should they be, direclty answerable to the veteran. If they were then nothing would ever get done. You might not like the system in place but its there for a reason. You don't just march up and demand to talk to the 1st Sgt or Company Commander, either, for the same reason. By you posting a how to on getting VA employee rater information you are encouraging others to seek them out for whatever their reasoning. You have no control over what another person does with that information.By posting it on your website, as you say a reputable source for veterans,  you are encouraging and condoning any behavior that occurs after. Trying to save you some trouble here. Attorneys can get this information all that they need to and have legal backing for using it. You and I don't. 

Edited by brokensoldier244th

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

I'm no longer employed by VA, and the given information isn't completely accurate, but it does give you names of people employed by VBA.

As far as privacy goes, I have no problem with people knowing who I am. Name is Charles (go by Chuck or various other names :tongue:). I'm out there and there is no amount of privacy protection that will ever completely disguise you (China has all of it anyway). Wanna find out more? The internet will give you plenty because nothing is really private anymore.

The multitude of information that people at VA can see and have access to is almost limitless. Veterans, dependents, and even people who aren't a part of the system. Took all of 5 minutes in 2009 to find my real mother (who I hadn't seen in 30+ years), and find out that she passed in 2008. The systems are ridiculously simple, and are misused quite often. Heck, I could find out almost any information on almost anyone when I was there.

Back to the topic: Calling the 800 number will get a note/email sent to the employee asking for a callback. Whether or not they will is completely up to that employee.

Private attorneys have access to a direct number for the Private Attorney Coordinator(s) at the RO. They generally do not use a general contact number for the Regional Office. When I was in the Appeals section I dealt with attorneys (1 of 4 in the RO who did so), and my phone rang almost all day long sometimes with direct calls from them.

Edited by Meddac