VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It's A Start

Rate this topic

I have no idea if 3/16 is the correct effective date.  Is this the a)  Date you applied, or b) the date the doc said you were disabled with the condition?  

@Andyman73, I believe you are correct! I will take a look at the rating chart. Thanks!

@broncovet, I originally submitted my claim on 7/28/15, but Ebennie has on all the contentions effective date 3/18/16.

Here's a screenshot of those contentions:

image.png

Ok, there is an "effective date discrepency."   You need to check your records and see if there was a doc who said your current condition happened on 3/16/16.  

If the doc said that is when you got disabled, then your effective date is correct.  

However, think on this.  

Do you go down and apply for benefits for condtions that you plan on getting 6 months or a year later?  

I dont think so, unless you are a fortune teller.  You apply for condtions YOU HAVE NOW, not ones you think you may get later.    You applied in 15, they did not make it effective till 16..what happened?  

Here is what the VA is saying.  

Ok.  You applied in 15, and you were fine.  Then you go to a c and p exam on march 16 (you go in there healthy..remember you had no disability prior to your c and p exam).  You attend the exam.  Poof, the doc disables you?  Or does he.  I doubt it.  You already had it when you went in there, but the doc does not give a date, except that of the exam.  So VA presumes your disability started the day of your C and P exam, which is unlikely true.  

Right! I got you! I'll wait on the mail carrier!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use