Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need advice

Rate this question

treysnonna

Question

Ok my husband has Ann appeal in since11/12 for chronic renal failure secondary to diabetes.  There is a new claim in ebenifits, which we did not do.  It is saying for cornary heart disease RFE.  I'm assuming that means renal failur evaluation.  So I'm assuming again they are going to try and approve it asso with the heart disease.  We put in  for the heart disease 7/14.  He was diagnosed with diabetic nephropathy by his private nephrologist.  What are they trying to do?  The appeal is still up.  We have not gotten anything from them.  No docket no etc.  but he would loose a lot of back pay is what I'm thinking.  Any thoughts ?  From anyone. 

One reason why any IMO/IME doctor needs ALL available medical records, is to rule out,with a strong statement, any other etiology-but for the claimed condition, as due to service.

And better yet, they need the C & P results to also medically rule out any non SC etiology, as cause of the disability.

I prepared a cover letter for my IM0s with reference to specific labs, handwritten entries, MRI results, odd check marks  on some lab reports that, as I learned, indicated levels that should have been investigated as to their causes, etc etc etc,etc...and also an entry that was crossed out yet was actually a diagnosis of DMII,when I figured out what it said.

I highlighted these specific entries and lab findings, ,listed them in my cover letter by date, and then tabbed them in the med rec stack, and I gave Dr. Bash all of my husband's VA medical records, so that he could see the pattern of what had occurred medically.

This was for my AO DMII death claim.

I think one most probative pieces of evidence I had was the 1997 version of the VA Diabetes Training letter and how that helped me reveal countless marker's of diabetes in my husband's medical records that supported the claim. 

There was no other etiology or cause for my husband's DMII but for his exposure in Vietnam to AO.

The fact that this claim prompted  my third DIC award was that it had been an additional undiagnosed and untreated  condition, that contributed to his death.

My point is that No Stone can be left unturned and a good IMO/IME doctor will be quite thorough in preparing their medical rationale.