VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam Reports=copies

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

you can get a copy of your C&P report off Myhealthyvet Notes if the C&P was performed at your VAMC,ok we all know that...

Then why is it that if your C&P is performed by a VA Contractor  such as QTC,  then why can't we get that report from myhealthvet? this is holding medical information from the veteran and should not be legal  b/c the VBA (Veterans Benefit Admin) will have that report and they should scan it into the VA computer system  but yet they hold this contractor C&P Report  as to which a 75% of veteran don't know this  or they could go to the VBA Office and ask for that C&P Report..  so why don't they VBA scan the report to Myhealthyvet Notes?  Seems to me this is wrong for the VBA to hold these C&P Reports.

3 answers to this question

You have to remember that the VBA and VAMC are 2 different organizations within the VA system.  When you submit a claim and the VARO gives you an appointment and an exam, that exam is technically part of your claim until the claim is completed.  Once the claim is completed you have the right to view it through a FOIA request.  I have heard that some VAMC (hospitals) are not uploading the C&P exams because they technically are not part of your medical, they belong to the VARO who is processing the claim.

Just my 2 cents.

Along this same line is that Non VA services that are authorized by the VA are not scanned into the system .

I have complained to the admin about this, but the ole brick wall got in the way!

• HadIt.com Elder

Anytime the VA or non VA talks to us about medical reasons & Medical EXAMS ANY KIND OF EXAM and purpose its a big part of our concern.

when we sign the FIOA  then any part of the VA that has medical information on us   we should have the right to see that information or  exam or for what ever reason,,,actually we don't need a reason just a sign FOIA request to see the information.

To hold our medical information from a contractor when we go to a C&P Exam is just one way they try to beat us out of our benefits  with a denial and if the VA sees this is working it won't be long they  will make the VAMC C&P Exams the same way.

According to the FOIA it's unconstitutional 

Edited by Buck52