VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Opinons On Dr. Bash

Rate this question

rdawg

Question

I'm thinking of plopping down a couple of grand for an IMO from Dr. Bash. I've researched his name thru the BVA decisions and see he has been successful on some occasions but has also lost some. What I can't do is research the cases where Dr. Bash is used and S/C is granted or denied and does not go to the BVA. Maybe all of you could help. Can you give me some examples of your experiences with him. List the conditions, whether or not he had access to your SMR's/c-file or both and if S/C was granted.

Thanks...I look forward to some interesting reads

Rdawg

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, I have noticed that not a single person on this board has any opinion whatsoever about Dr. Bash.

:D

I am very happy to have obtained two IMos from Dr. Bash-

The first one (2004) service connects my husband's death-in detail and the second one had a VA quackola opinion from 2005 -that he demolished-

Neither opinion is redundant to or cummulative of the other.

He also incorporated an addition statement - from a former VA Neurologist- which I had obtained prior to calling Dr. Bash. A statement that was extremely probative and Dr, Bash understood it's significance.

In over 2 years of numerous submisisons by myself and my POA-of these IMOs, the opinions still have never been addressed by the VARO.

Even the Aug 2006, sent back from the BVA with my remand is gone---

as well as what my vet reps said they sent.

Wednesday- the VA via email told me they have never received these IMOs.

So whether you get a good IMO or not- you might have to move a mountain to get it read.

The NVLSP itself suggests IMOs and also the VA is supposed to suggest them to -within the VCAA Notice-in certain types of claims.

There are other IMos docs too- I have contacted Medopinions.com for something outside of Dr. Bash's expertise-if needed.

I got a discount on the fee as soon as they realised this 4 th IMO only depends on using a few med records.

Their fees at Medopinions is comparable to Dr. BAsh's fee and they have prepared many IMOs for VA like he has.

IMOs are a great expense.

Dr. Bash emailed me back that my claim sounded good on basis of a few email statements I sent him-

5-6 days after he got the med recs etc, he called here and I knew what he would say-

if you are confident that the IMO will support your claim-it is the best way these days to get a proper award.

Dont go by what has happened to my IMOs-

I am in a most unusual situation-which will be resolved-

A IMO doc cannot perform miracles but they do see things that we can't in med recs.

There certainly are claims that his IMOs could not support and he has these as well as successes at his web site and the BVA-

One BVA stated the VA doc said "that radiologist" in her opinion.

I laughed at that one- his credentials outweigh most of theirs-

Jangrin (under a search you will find it) posted a letter from the VBA to Dr. Bash- that letter speaks volumes for his ability.

My claim- proof that VA misdiagnosed Rod's diabetes since 1988 (from AO)and his undiagnosed and untreated diabetes contributed to his conditions at death.

Dr. Bash concurred.

He did not need the SMRs-(the AO exposure was already confirmed -nexus established) but all med recs, the autopsy, death certificate and the VA's own admissions that they caused Rod's death. (FTCA settlement and Section 1151 award letter.

I tabbed and highlighted the med recs-and VA central documents that were specific to the claim- he read everything but that helped-to highlight these records.

If a nexus to service remains unestablished-he needs the complete SMRs too.

I sent the med recs etc-to Dr. Bash- with a cover letter identifying specific evidence that was crucial to my claim.

I have gotten an opinion from Dr. Bash a while back, i posted it. He is very good and he works with with. Now as to it helping my claim, i cant say b/c i just submitted it to support my claim. I will say he is a bit expensive, but for me he was cheap. If my claim gets approved, it will be worth money well spent. If the va rates my claim like they are suppose to, i should be raised form 40 to 50% definately, and a good chance at 60%. My goal is to get approved at 70%

If Dr. Bash IME really helps or dont I will post the succes or failure.

marinejay