Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SSDI PSYD/Physical examination schedule

Rate this topic

Troop51

• 1 month later...

Hi @Troop51,

I went to my ADJ Hearing on August 9, 2017. I'd also submitted the DBQ that my VA Psych filled out which was requested by DDS/SSA. I was sent to a psychological exam on August 22, and the physical exam on September 30.

I was told by my lawyer that the judge that saw me, always send his claimants for a Consultative Examination (CE), which is weird to me... because if you have documented evidence by the treating physician in reference to your claim that THEY requested, why would you turn around and send them for an outside examination as well? Don't make sense to me!

But, the judge sent me a letter a few days ago saying that he'd included the results INTO record. My lawyer also said, she went into the system to read what the outside psych doctor had written and it was in my favor. Frankly, I'm still not at eased until I get it in black and white saying, either "approved or fully favor!"

Meanwhile, it took my hearing an hour and a half because the judge was so inquisitive upon me, as well as, my lawyer. I was on pins and needles which didn't help my anxiety not one bit. Your situation, on the other hand, may go much smoother and shorter. Reason I'm saying that...the young lady that went in before me were in there for only 15 minutes. Good Luck! And I hope this was helpful... 

•Still Waiting On Results...Any Day Now!

Edited by Prettypantha

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your insight I need all the positive news. Hearing is this month, VA Medical Sources Documented PCP/Mental all favorable stating unable to work multiple disabilities submitted to ALJ Hearing.  However, lawyer indicated judge my deny because I'm a single parent w/4kids sole custody. Therefore, I say 32+years of work credits over half of my life I've been employed need I say more about the system 53yrs old Veteran Hooah!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/25/2017 at 2:11 PM, Prettypantha said:

Hi @Troop51,

I went to my ADJ Hearing on August 9, 2017. I'd also submitted the DBQ that my VA Psych filled out which was requested by DDS/SSA. I was sent to a psychological exam on August 22, and the physical exam on September 30.

I was told by my lawyer that the judge that saw me, always send his claimants for a Consultative Examination (CE), which is weird to me... because if you have documented evidence by the treating physician in reference to your claim that THEY requested, why would you turn around and send them for an outside examination as well? Don't make sense to me!

But, the judge sent me a letter a few days ago saying that he'd included the results INTO record. My lawyer also said, she went into the system to read what the outside psych doctor had written and it was in my favor. Frankly, I'm still not at eased until I get it in black and white saying, either "approved or fully favor!"

Meanwhile, it took my hearing an hour and a half because the judge was so inquisitive upon me, as well as, my lawyer. I was on pins and needles which didn't help my anxiety not one bit. Your situation, on the other hand, may go much smoother and shorter. Reason I'm saying that...the young lady that went in before me were in there for only 15 minutes. Good Luck! And I hope this was helpful... 

On 10/25/2017 at 2:11 PM, Prettypantha said:

Hi @Troop51,

Any decision 

No decision yet @Troop51!

Called my lawyer about three weeks ago and she said, the judge could take 6 months to a year to hand down his decision. My fiance had his hearing on April 17, 2017 and received his fully favorable decision in June and received his first check on July 1st. I had my hearing on August 9th and it's now the end of November. I guess it depends on the judge!

P.S. His judge has a 89% approval rate and mine has a 56% approval rate. Go Figure!:(:(:(

I was approved in 2 months - after application ,based on my VA Service Connected Disability - along with my physical disability. Not sure if it helped my overall case, I prepared a one page synopsis of my issues, greatest to smallest and gave it to the md performing the exam- to help him understand exactly why I was there.

I was unsure of the process and did not want any miss communication. 

Best of Luck. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use