VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

total and permenent

Rate this topic

scotish1

• HadIt.com Elder

I've mention this many many times

Make copies of your Award Letters and your  S.C.disability's  & keep in a safe place  guard them with your life....and also from time to time check your disability status on e benefits...but most Importantly make copies of your awared letter so you will have it  when times come up like this veteran.

Its your only proof.  because  a 100% veteran without P&T can get the commissary letter...they just can't get the extra benefits like the chapter 35 and educational benefits for spouse and children.

Thanks Buck,

Looked at my original award letter and it does not have P/T , but I do remember when I did receive my letter I questioned  the P/T and back then everyone told me that no future exams was P/T !! My claim was for a brain injury that will never improve. Plus I have old award letters that have P/T checked off on letter that says I am P/T!!  And suddenly I noticed they were no longer checking that box, that is when I inquired about my status and was told yes you did have it and when they were changing computer software many veterans that  were getting P/T got bumped off!!

Does the initial award state DEA ( Dependents Educational Benefits) are available for your spouse and/or children? They usually enclose the Chapter 35 DEA Application when they award 100% P & T to a veteran with dependents.

CHAMPVA is usually also awarded to but not from the VA in a P & T award letter . As I recall I got a separate letter from VA advising me to apply for CHAMPVA, with the 100% P & T VA award letter I received (Posthumous award).

"when I inquired about my status and was told yes you did have it and when they were changing computer software many veterans that  were getting P/T got bumped off!!" That is very alarming....I.never heard of that VA snafu before...

I was single when I got my award and I still am single, maybe that has something to do with it?? But, no, I did not get any thing in my award regarding DEA again, I have previous award letters that state I do have P/T so how do you have P/T for years and then I don't? Thanks 

• HadIt.com Elder

you should have  a letter with the DEA benefits   if your P&T ?

if you don't have that letter  then you can't prove it...so make a copy of the letter you do have  that has your P&T Status on it and send that in to them to make the corrections back to your P&T Status...but you need proof as evidence...that letter you have that says you have P& T is your proof.

As Ms berta mention the chapter 35 and educational benefits are on a separate form that you must fill out and mail it to a complete different Address  for that benefit & ..beings you are not married or not married at the time of your award  then you don't have any dependents and that should not effect your P&T Status.   this maybe why you never recieved the DEA packet/forms for dependent benefits.

jmo

• HadIt.com Elder

100% Veterans or IU Veterans with P&T that is the full deal as for as benefits   the only other benefits would be the SMC. if you quailfy.

you may need to request a DRO Hearing at your R.O. to get this straighten out.  if you can?  as your need to be in Appeal or a Proposal to reduce..but if you are not in those categories   then request a DRO Hearing anyway and just see what they say?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use