VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Curious residuals of a TBI

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I'm a little confused with my appeal... so I'm seeking service connection for my skull fracture nearby the clivus I know it's very uncommon maybe 4% of all skull fractures. But it could be the cause to my headaches but the VAs been shooting from the hip since 2010, the skull fracture isnt listed in my record yet just in my military and civilian record from my service connected TBI. But they denied me in 2016 for it  anyways but granted me my TBI. Is something that can be rated together much like my PTSD and TBI residuals are now? Would it be considered a secondary disability due to the TBI? Or wouldn't the TBI be secondary to my skull fracture? The other issue to my appeal is I only filed for Deep vein thrombosis in my one leg and it was both? 

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am no expert on TBI  vs Skull Fracture but wouldn't the VA Factor in that the sudden impact of the skull fracture be related to the TBI?  or in reverse order. (through medical reports)

This is what VA calls ''Related to''  if your granted S.C. For TBI  It would be obvious you had a sudden impact trauma to your Skull.  = Hench they rate it as TBI.

Just my opinion.

Yeha that denied my skull fracture and granted residuals of my TBI and they denied me SC for my bilateral DVT in my legs but granted my hip fractures which confined me to a bed for about two months, well one of those months I was in a coma causing my DVTs and putting me on blood thinner to break up the clots it took months in the left leg to go away as with the right leg. With current pains in my legs not explained by the VA, I'm sorry they told me that it was probably my back injury which I never filed for to be the cause of my leg pains. Honestly they dismissed my claim in 2011 when I was originally denied SC but now the judge has granted me SC for my Hip fractures and TBI. To be honest the skull fracture could have done something permanent to be the cause of my headaches which they also service connected me at 0 but there is no real cause but still occur daily. I'll be making sure I use the right word prostrating this time as I didn't really understand the meaning until now. This crazy jigsaw puzzle will finally be solved someday hope I make it that long....

Edited by jfrei

• HadIt.com Elder

jfrei

Your Welcome  to call into the Hadit Podcast Radio Show tomorrow evening( 5-4-17) Thursday

@ 7:00 pm EST and ask this question  Asknod/Alex will be on to answer your question' or questions.. He is highly intelligent with VA Claims Process....Him or Jbasser or Jerrel can point you in the right direction.

call in # 347-237-4819  then hit 1.

Jerrel or Jbasser will be glad to take your call and * make you feel at ease*

call in you will be glad you did.

JMO

Edited by Buck52

Thank you  I will try and call sounds like I need to get an idea of what to say. Got the call today hearing will be scheduled on the 24th of this month unless my attorney withdraws which he said is highly probable. 

Edited by jfrei

I enjoyed calling in thank you #AskNod and #Jerrel for all your help

Edited by jfrei