VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How long does it take exams to post?

Rate this question

katnboo2

Question

I will try to be brief.  I have 5 new claims in GOE since I filed 27 Sep 2016.  My primary claim is for PTSD related to personal assault.  DVSO has told me my stressor has been accepted, and my DBQ appears very favorable.  That exam was on 13 April 2017.

I also have claims for upper back and neck, related to auto accident while on active duty, and bilateral foot problems (bunion surgeries and pin implants done several years after retirement), caused or exacerbated by the military not having my size shoes for the first several years of enlistment (I'm 6'2" female, and shoes were 1-1 1/2 sizes too small).  The exams for these claims were done 10 April 2017.

There was also a hearing exam, more of a baseline for me because I wore headphones for the majority of my career.

Since the completion of my exams, my claim has remained GOE.  DVSO says they are just waiting for the neck/back/foot exams (same VA contracted doctor, same day) to be uploaded by the scan center. My expected due dates have changed only by a matter of days, now Jul-Oct 2017.  I have watched the red flags for documents past due come and go...they are back now.  None of my exams reports show up anywhere, EBenefits or MHV.  I just passed the 125 day mark, but that is from the date EBenefits shows, not the date I filed paperwork with my DVSO.

My questions:  Is it normal to wait this long for reports to upload?  Should I be seeing the completed PTSD DBQ?  Is there anything else I should be looking for?  Thank you!

IF they sub'ed out your exams, they will not show up in your medical file. If the VA did the exam, they will be in your Blue Button report when they are submitted. If the VA did your exam, try ROI, see if they have it.

Also, call peggy and ask.  They can tell you if the exams are done and if the VBA has it or not. (800-827-1000)

Edited by pwrslm

• HadIt.com Elder

Try the VBA (Veterans Benefit Administration)

you fill out the ROI and and VSO will see you back in his/her office  you request all your C&P's from what ever C&P Report you want. the date of your C&P's

if you had a C&P on a certain date request it  or if there's Multi  C&P's you want  write those dated down and request them.

Or ask the VSO if he can get you all the C&P's You have recently completed.

pwrslim and Buck, thank you so much for the responses.  My exams were indeed sub'd out.  I get along well with my VSO, so after reading both of your recommendations, I think the best route is to call and ask them for the reports...I'll do that tomorrow.  Thanks again...that's why this site rocks!

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a QTC Exam  and I got the report  from the BVA in about 2 weeks after the exam.

Usually after a C&P That has been contacted out , in my case the QTC sent the report back to the VA within a week, and another week for the transcript into the VBMS system electronically   it should not take that long but VA Drags their feet in the process.

Thanks, Buck.  From what I've been told, the only report waiting to be "scanned" into the VA system is for my back, neck and feet (same doctor, same day).  It has now been a month and a few days...I'll be patient lol

On 5/13/2017 at 9:30 PM, pwrslm said:

IF they sub'ed out your exams, they will not show up in your medical file. If the VA did the exam, they will be in your Blue Button report when they are submitted. If the VA did your exam, try ROI, see if they have it.

Also, call peggy and ask.  They can tell you if the exams are done and if the VBA has it or not. (800-827-1000)

I guess I was extremely lucky, I had my C&P evaluation on May 10th for PTSD and neuropathy and on May 13th had a decision and all results posted on eBenifits on May 14th. While my C&P evaluations were done by a contracted Neurologist and the Physiologist they were done at my local  CBOC. I might add I got my brown envelope today May 17th with all the result and ratings

Edited by JWS