VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why did I they send me VA FORM 21-2680? Examination for housebound status or permanent need for regu

Rate this question

ozboi

Question

Im currently at 70% disability rating. 70% PTSD and 10% Tunitis.

I recently just had a a C&P for various things

Today I get a yellow envelope from the VA and inside it is a VA FORM 21-2680 EXAMINATION FOR HOUSEBOUND STATUS OR PERMANENT NEED FOR REGULAR AID AND ATTENDANCE.

Has this happened to anyone before?

What is this for?

Who needs to fill this form out?

Any guidance would be great.

Also I do not have a VSO.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by ozboi
format

• HadIt.com Elder

I would think that if all these  other disability's is granted a higher rating  that  boost your ratings to an over all combined rating  to a rating that meets the SMC Criteria  they could infer you the SMC-S  by statutory Regulations.

So if your rated 100% and another 60% separate rating...then that would meet the SMC Criteria Rating table...

not sure why they sent the 21-2680. if you meet the statutory ratings?

BUT YOU MAY WANT TO FEEL IT OUT

SMC-S H.B 1 Will be about 347.00 month extra with spouse.

Not sure if this helps?  this is the first time I herd them doing this?

Then again, maybe nothing to do with an SC Increase. There's the possibility that an "On the Ball" VA Rating Dept recognized a possibility of you may be eligible for HB or A & A as an actual New Claim based on a Treating Physicians completion of the HB or A & A Claim form.

This would not be an SMC S (1) which requires (1) SC @ 100% with additional SC's that by themselves result in a CSC of 60%. 

Take a look at the 2680, do you think you qualify? If so, get with your VA Dr and have him complete his portion.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

VA is getting like Microsoft or Apple   they tend to ''update''  us when ever they want.

Thank you all for the replies!

I do not have a single disability rated at 100%.... that is why I'm so confused why the VA sent me this form.

I will most likely not fill it out because I do not qualify for it.

You don't get the 2680 form because of a (1) SC of 100%.  Look at the bottom of the 2680, the only signature that is required is from your Treating Physician.

An SC Vet (regardless of Single or CSC) is eligible for a Non-Statutory Housebound or A & A Claim Filing based on the Completion of the 2680 by his Treating Physician.

A VA Pension Recipient is also eligible for the HB or A & A based on the supporting 2680 completion signed by their Treating Physician, VA or Private.

SOOOOOO, don't sweat it, maybe the VA just had extra copies laying around. Were instructions regarding the completion of the 2680 included in the envelope?

Semper Fi