Rate this question

jfrei

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

My opinion and not advice since i am not an expert is, Its said that if your Doctors and Psych back you up "the ones that have treatment records on you that are not months worth but more.. like year/years worth then this is great because it is what the NEW SSA rules look for. The examples are that SSA wants to see history and not just letters of recommendations, awards etc.. they want to see medications taken and not refused.. SSA wants to see consistency of all treating physicians. Most importantly the conditions must follow criteria of SSA. I would take a look at this link to get up to date with how SSA views Mental conditions via SSDI. See below and good luck...

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/page9-16.html

Edited by Valhalla0321

Thank you it looks good for as I can tell but sSA is another beast 

Edited by jfrei

jfrei - remember to check the criteria for your claim with SSA/SSDI-

It will specifically state what the criteria is for your diagnosis. 

I took 2 mos for my claim to be processed.

I looked at the regulations, created a one page sheet to give to the doctor on my physical exam day. 

My SSDI disability is loss of use of thumbs-Bilaterally. - NOT many jobs you can do without the use of thumbs. ( I had 43 years of continuous employment) 

Doctor was appreciative of my summation. 

F Y I

On 5/29/2017 at 4:59 PM, L said:

jfrei - remember to check the criteria for your claim with SSA/SSDI-

It will specifically state what the criteria is for your diagnosis. 

I took 2 mos for my claim to be processed.

I looked at the regulations, created a one page sheet to give to the doctor on my physical exam day. 

My SSDI disability is loss of use of thumbs-Bilaterally. - NOT many jobs you can do without the use of thumbs. ( I had 43 years of continuous employment) 

Doctor was appreciative of my summation. 

F Y I

In my denial they stated I could follow to step directions if given verbally. I laughed my Neurological exam stated that was the part of the exam where I failed and received a lower score then I did in 2010 I just couldn't do it. I was so angry not being able to remember a sentence read to me saying it back two sentences in a row only like 1 or 2 words out of the sentence. They had the exam and still that's what they came up with for the denial. My attorney I'm sure will take their time I'm still wondering if I should go to SSA and turn in my letter being granted Permanent and totally disabled or give it to my attorney. Or both 

jfrei- Just my opinion, based on 21 years in O.T. - The symptomology may not match your "functionality" meaning- They think you are doing better than you are saying. no offense. If your are driving - conducting your own affairs..... et al. 

Good Luck

19 hours ago, L said:

jfrei- Just my opinion, based on 21 years in O.T. - The symptomology may not match your "functionality" meaning- They think you are doing better than you are saying. no offense. If your are driving - conducting your own affairs..... et al. 

Good Luck

I can't even follow a GPS without getting lost. I can't even do this SSA crap anymore I hired an attorney to help. All I do is go to doctor appts and live life in my home. Since that RFC I was dx with a chronic AD bouts of depression and anxiety and sleep apnea life sucks  all I want is help for my wife a kids I was also recently mad Permanent and totally disabled if that would help I have no idea just that decision in the mail today. I'll post it on Monday for you all to read this website has basically saved me from anxiety although still prevents me from sleeping most nights i had a recent Voc rehab assessment done where his opinion was I couldn't work as well and I shouldn't as the choices I make a times could hurt myself or others. Luckily the doctor gave me time for my meds to give some help in the decision/ judgement making that I she didn't call child services on me. I went to her for help I knew if I was honest what could happen to me and my family but I couldn't continue risking my family putting them in danger because the choices I made were not wise but I did them anyways. This is why the doctor said in November that i was a liability to all employers trying to find a sheltered is harder then you think and even when you do they can say no like American Airlines did and put me on medical hold for almost two months before I had to resign. But SSA disagrees apparently I should have just told them call my last employers I costed them roughly over a few hundred thousand dollars. One of the only reason I was hired is because I didn't mention my health problems and when i did with two of those jobs i was one put on med hold and two fired on the spot. Being  able to follow two step instructions was the reason for denial. My doctors all disagree because I can follow auditory instructions without forgetting and when I read them I tend to skim and Miss important steps, especially safety notes. I hope that my P and T will help me in life now maybe I can't get SGA work but I hope to be able to get a job that will be ok with me missing months I was just approved for an inpatient rehab for my sTBI leaving this February coming up just before my birthday. In the mean time I was approved for 6 months of OT from the choice by the Wilmington VA for help in daily living not daily working just living. Having cashed out all my retirement and 401k has given me enough to get by but now I've screwed myself not being able to work.

Edited by jfrei