Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Arteries Blockeed

Rate this question

kit141

Question

H ave a claim in for IHD under agent orange.  Had a attack this last weekend.  Had a angiogram and it said I only had a 55%blockage and they will not put stints in until blockage is at least 70%,  So is there a a number that has to be reached for letter to be included in my claim.  Also what does anybody think of the fast track claim system 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I'm not the heart expert around here, but others are. I'll try to hopefully provide good advice.

If you were treated at the VAMC, then they already have your ER records.

If you were treated elsewhere, you probably should request a copy of the records (plus billing statements like a UB04) and also fill out a VA Release of Medical Information form so the VA can request them for their verification. Never give the VA any original records. Only give them copies.

Because you already have a claim in the system, I am not sure if the fast track claim would apply . I don't know much about the fast track system, but others here do.

Also, I would notify the VA in writing about the treatment so it can be factored into your claim.

Having one heart attack is one too many because it could be the last one. If I recall reading about the Nehmer ruling, AO claims were supposed to be a priority. It might be worth it requesting this to be treated as a medical hardship because of the risks to your health.

Good luck! I hope they can take care of you.

After a DX'd Heart Attack even without Stents or BP Surgery, as I recall you're still eligible for a Temporary Rating of I think a 100% SC Rating while convalescing. After which, you would be assigned a CAD Rating dependent upon the verified status of your Heart functions. 

This is all dependant on your Nam Boots on the Ground being verified. At that point, your Claim would be classified as a "Nehmer Claim" and be expedited per Court Order.

By now, your treating Cardiologist has to have discussed any damage to your heart. Could you share this info? When you are up to it, if you would post "REDACTED" copies of the Heart Catheterization and Echo Cardiogram, they would be very informative?

Semper Fi