VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NOD with only 8 pages attached- has anyone succeeded???

Rate this question

Raza2009

Question

So once I understood what my lawyer friend said to look for on the evidence used in my case...I cut my documents from 63 pages to 8 attached. I don't disagree with the compensation I disagree with the recouping of SSB based on dates that don't match...my NOD! In the 8 pages attached I only focused on the dates that I have a service-connected disability and prove why the VA should not be recouping the SSB...I am getting the hang of less is more!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

The Award Letter Date is?

You indicate you don't disagree with the Decision itself, just a problem with  SSB Dates that don't match your Evidence, right?

Give some consideration to "Requesting an Official Review for CUE" regarding the Date's issue.

If you don't get the Dates issue resolved in less than 4 mos, file the NOD. What type of NOD were you considering, DRO or BVA? DRO Reviews 12+ mos for a Decision, DRO Hearings 3+ yrs for a Hearing Date, BVA 4+ yrs for the Hearing then another year for the Decision.           Semper Fi

I think I replied to you in another different thread. Yesterday

I dont know where that thread is.....

we all have time constraints here-all of us are unpaid volunteers and it helps us save time when vets keep the same thread going...for the same subject....

And without being able to read the actual words of VA, per the other post you made, I cant help anymore....you got good advice here today and in the other thread.

I spent probably 40 hours recently on an issue here....the poster would not attach anything at all regarding some denials from the VA.I finally got that situation resolved by contacting the head of the DAV in another state and also contacting the head of the Big 6 VBA coordinator to help straighten it all out.The poster here was not the legal claimant. The DAV might have dropped the ball. I reported one DAV NSO who Never answered his phone or answering machine when I called, because It involved numerous emails and phone calls to even find those entities, and I asked DAV how the heck a vet could even make an appointment with him if he never answers phone and never makes call backs. The situation was very serious but I decided not to get involved with DIC /accrued claims anymore here. Unless we can see some facts, as attachments.

A very difficult claim but nothing is impossible. 2 small children are the claimants and need someone in their behalf to file ( their mother). And there was a deadline last month.