Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

can someone explain this one to me?

Rate this question

Burg

Question

i have a combined rating of 90% mostly bone and joint issues... i was granted IU last july... i ended up getting a VA loan and buying a house in a warmer climate (i moved from the PA NY border area to a little town between nashville and memphis tennessee) mostly because of my pain and inability to walk in the cold weather. My computer was damaged in the move i just got back into ebenefits yesterday and when i logged in i find that apparently in December my 90% non permanent rating was changed to P&T, i have a letter there for the commissary privileges that says no future exams are scheduled... how can i be IU and P&T? is this a mistake? 

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes P&T has all the benny's with it.  use all of them  the property tax is nice gets those mortgage  PAYMENTS down. and the educational allowance for spouse and children is wonderful & ChampVA Insurance for spouse .

You may want to get you and your spouse/kiddos a Military ID Card made too! or DOD ID Card  For driving on post and use the commissary and extra PICTURE ID.

Please take advantage of these benefits.

Congratulations

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

If and until you're 70, each year about 30 or 60 days before your IU award Anniversary Date you should receive a VA Letter and a  21-2140 (Employment/Earned Income Verification) form.

The 21-2140 "MUST" be completed and returned within (60) days of your yrly IU Award Date. Regardless of you receiving the VA Letter & 21-2140 from the VA, you are still responsible for Filing the 21-2140 each year until the age of 70.

Failure to comply with the yearly filing Deadline of the required 2140 could result in a Rating Dept Notice of Intent to reduce your IU.

Do some research on the VA (IL) Independent Living Program, administered by the Vocational Rehabilitation Dept at your RO. There are some excellent Benefits available. You can apply by completing the Voc Rehab App on your E-Ben site.      Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

yes I forgot to mention the questioner letter (21-2140-1) that Gastone mention above  this is very important to Remember.

even if you don't recieve this letter from the VA its still the veterans obligation to fill out this form each year or until you get a letter from the VA Them self telling you   you don't need to send it in or until you have the 20 years protection rule in.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

I will look into all those things :) where do i send that 21-2140-1 form? i moved to a new state after i had my comp and pen exams... do i send it or take it to my new VA system or do i send it to my original one? or should i just do both to be sure?