VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Compensation claim when cancelling enrollment from VA services.

Rate this question

penny.alcoba

Question

Hi all, thank you all for maintaining this forum. I have a question that I would hopefully like to know the answer to so I know what is in store for me in the future. I am rated at 100% Permanent & Total  through the VA for a service  connected disability since  august 2016, after what they called a schedular review. If I disenroll from the Veteran's Affairs healthcare system using the method described on this webpage: https://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/apply/veterans.asp, will this affect my compensation rating in the order of it also making me ineligible for continued compensation?

Edited by penny.alcoba

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• Founder

I don't believe there is any formal disenroll process I would think you would just let your docs there know you are switching docs and give them the information they need to transfer your medical records. Keep in mind VA will only fill prescriptions written by their doctors.

6 minutes ago, Tbird said:

I don't believe there is any formal disenroll process I would think you would just let your docs there know you are switching docs and give them the information they need to transfer your medical records. Keep in mind VA will only fill prescriptions written by their doctors.

I am assuming that docs through Veterans Choice will be eligible for prescriptions? Just wondering because after my surgery, I have been taking my prescriptions to VAMC and getting them filled. I have had no issues other than they say they will only fill them once per month even though my doc was giving me 2 week supplies at first. 

Edited by DD_Carter

• Founder

Yes I would think Veterans Choice prescriptions would be filled at the VA or if civilian pharmacy then I would think the same co-payments would apply.

49 minutes ago, Tbird said:

On the Veteran's Affairs Health Benefits page, there is a section devoted to cancelling enrollment with the Veteran's Affairs; I may be mistaken or understanding things incorrectly but I assumed that meant there was a way to remove myself from the Veteran's Affairs system alltogether. Another question regarding this subject that I was curious in is that is if I did cancel my enrollment, would they eventually destroy my medical records or will it be sent to the place where they sent the active duty records when I ETS'd? 

I am not really seeking to change docs from one location to another to transfer medical records, but thank you for explaining that procedure to me. I am seeking to completely separate myself from the Veteran's Affairs completely, not just change my providers. I am not concerned about access to prescriptions, or veteran's choice programs, but more to know what to plan for if enrollment is cancelled.

Edited by penny.alcoba

• Founder

@penny.alcobaThanks for the clarification. I see what you are trying to do though I'm not sure of the answer trying using this to send them a question, they usually respond in a timely manner. https://iris.custhelp.com/app/ask/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ5NzAyNzg1Ny9zaWQvVDhtNW1Ja24%3D

26 minutes ago, Tbird said:

@penny.alcobaThanks for the clarification. I see what you are trying to do though I'm not sure of the answer trying using this to send them a question, they usually respond in a timely manner. https://iris.custhelp.com/app/ask/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ5NzAyNzg1Ny9zaWQvVDhtNW1Ja24%3D

Thank you for the link and the assistance. I sent them a question and hopefully I will know the answer within five business days.