VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increase vs new service connection

Rate this question

usmc2511

Question

What goes into granting an increase on an already service connected condition? I have a completed DBQ, all medical records from private and VA, CT and MRI scans, and treatment options and failures along with physical therapy notes........ how does it differ for filing a claim for a new service connected condition  for the VSR and RVSR meaning is it a complete SMR reviews? I know a nexus is not needed for an increase because SC has already been established. Just trying to get a better grasp on the process and what they are looking for. 

4 answers to this question

There would be no need for an SMR review because the SC has been established already..you are correct-was the DBQ favorable?

Was it done by a private doctor? Have they set you up for a  C&P exam?

With your 70% now, did you apply for TDIU (which is technically an increase...)

When you got the 70 % did the decisions mention TDIU at all?

Or were you working then, and now?

Edited by Berta
geez typos....

I want to continue to work for sure. I've never mentioned TDIU and I don't intend to. The DBQ is favorable for an increase, along with my private medical records. There has been no C&P exam set up and I really don't think they will. My notes are pretty extensive and include VNG/ENG, audiogram, Brain and IAC MRI, CT and then all my chart notes....thank you for the response. 

Have you already filed for an "Increase" of a current SC condition? It will show up on your E-Ben page as a "New Claim."

If at some future point you receive a "New DX" for a medical condition that you believe could be Nexus to an existing SC, you would file a "New Secondary SC Claim."

As I recall, when I opened my E-Ben File New Claim, a drop down of my current SC's show up, along with options for filing for an SC Increase or a Secondary Issue. In my last FDC filing 05/16, I had a Secondary to a Secondary. It showed up the following week as  "New Claim" on E-Ben.

Semper Fi

Thanks Gastone, I've initiated a claim for increase just waiting on results from one last exam that I will get on Tuesday, then I'm filing an FDC for increase.