VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I'm not sure I'm in the right place but I'm looking for all the help I can. My husband, after 9 years, has decided he needs more help than he's getting. I'm proud of him for making this decision. My questions are, what are good military only ptsd programs? He will be inpatient or do a retreat and doesn't want to leave our home state of NC. I've googled and can't find anything good. Also, does his benefit pay get reduced? He is 100% p&t for tbi/ptsd. Last question is since I'm his caregiver and he will be going away for a month or so, will my caregiver pay be reduced or d/c until he is back? 

I greatly appreciate all the help!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I googled and pasted the google search results in a MOD topic today because I could not find your post.

It can be narrowed down to NC but it appears you have already done that.

My husband was in the 21 day Inhouse. This is not a lockdown. They lock the 'world' out.Nam vets know what I mean.

Prior to that he had a hospitalization in 6 P ( that was a VA  lock down ward. which is BS because I went there many times just to visit any vet there...it wasn';t as dangerous as the VA rumors said it was.) The inhouse was the best PTSD treatment he had gotten at that point - diagnosed in 1984 30% SC PTSD, excellent except  for the Vet Center he attended and where I met him in the Combat  PTSD group.

It was at Buffalo NY VAMC.(The inhouse program) 

I was a Lyons NJ  VA vet center Volunteer, (that is where my FBI stuff went but the vet center was in Trenton NJ.

Were you asking because of a friend who is a relative of a NYer who asked me for contact info and our hadit web addy? The vet they were asking for is in NC. 

I hope I saved the email linkls I gave them but wanted them to come here too.

His comp will stay the same. In many cases, they award not only the temp comp at 100% for the 21 day inhouse, unless the vet already gets it ,  but also the records can be used for an increase in some cases.. I dont remember how I got my husband's records from the inhouse program ....they were not part of his C file or VA med recs they sent to me after he died. I dont think they even used them for his posthumous SC 100%  P & T award.

I have no idea on the caretaker payments. There should be somewhere at the VA web site info about that...we have two or three wives on the caretaker program Maybe the search feature can bring up their posts.

Edited by Berta