VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What happens when a vet with an Other Than Honorable discharge is rated at 100% Total & Permanent based off an earlier service period?

Rate this question

xBLAKKx

Question

Do they qualify for a retiree ID?

Do they qualify for PX & Commissary privileges? 

Do they qualify for state benefits for being rated 100% P&T? Even if their DD-214 states Other Than Honorable?

As Bronco Said you may have to get an upgraded DD 214 which means you would have to fill out DD Form 149 and send it to the appropriate address which can be found online. Yes, you need a military ID Card, contact DEERS, local businesses also give discounts with a military DOD ID Card. You do not need to show your DD 214 to anyone.  DEERS (Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System) controls the MWR (Morale, Welfare,  and Recreation benefits). Having your military DOD ID card will prove that you are eligible. I used to get discounts from O Charlies all the time.  When I contacted DEERS for my military ID card my personal information was already loaded in the system.

https://www.military.com/benefits/tricare/defense-enrollment-eligibility-reporting-system-deers.html