VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam by QTC?

Rate this question

Jaaron

Question

So went for my Exam last week, and wow, that was an experience.  Mine was completed by QTC medical, MD Patrick H Dang.  I think I spent about 10 mins with the Doctor.  Had me stand and measured by back ROM, had me bend side-to-side, turn my head side-to-side, then sit in a chair and lift my arms.  Next it was lay on a table, and bend my knees.  Done.

He asked about a couple items I had listed like lower back, carpal tunnel, but nothing about other items.  He sent me for crap load of x-rays.

So I spent 10 mins with Doctor, and 45 mins with x-ray tech.  Does that sound about normal to others experiences?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

There is no normal amount of time that's not to say it still takes time to analyze the X-rays. Did you happen to get the actual DBQ that's your ticket and whatever his opinion is

I haven't been able to get a copy yet.  From my understanding it should be into the VA this week, and hopefully next week I can get a copy of the report.  I've had a couple phone calls from QTC since the exam asking questions like how long did I Serve? Branch? When did I serve?  etc.etc.

Doesn't make me feel real comfortable as that's all information I already provided for the Exam.  Was really looking to see if anyone else had dealt with QTC and Patrick Dang MD, and how things went for them.  I couldn't get a read on him, an he didn't really seem very into what was going on.

When I went to a QTC C&P exam I would say from start to finish took around 40 mins. Which seemed appropriate for my conditions he was checking and the time it took for me to hobble around.

He checked my ROM etc and asked me relevant questions.

The doctor I saw seemed to me, very genuine in his concern for my health; to the point of strongly recommending I go to the ER after he saw some irregularities in a test and a retest. However he then followed up with me the next morning to tell me to go to the ER.

I also got a phone call from QTC after the exam pertaining to my claims, but it was not about basic information like they asked you. It was about questions regarding a separate C&P they will do in future.

I think it is fair to say that for these exams there is no 'normal time' because no person or case is the same. If your medical documentation was very detailed and the examiner had gone through it all then it would make sense if they simply did not need much more information from you.

All in all, if you want to bring something to their attention that they did not ask you about and you think is important than you should certainly bring it to their attention. My examiner was sure to ask me if there was anything further I wanted to talk to him about. But if you wanted to talk about one of your claims (that the C&P covered) you should have done so.

Dr Patrick  Dang is a Board certified family practitioner....if this was in Orlando Fla.

I didnt find any negative info on him. He has only been in practice for 14 years.

I did not find any qualifications for any specific disability. Sounds like a really nice guy from what I googled....in his private practice.

The X rays will tell more as to your problems.

QTC exams are owned by the VA until the decision is made....(has that changed ...anyone?)

meaning  you sure might not be able to get a  copy of the exam until the RO makes the decision on your claim. It is a grossly unfair situation because if the C & P is done at a VAMC you can get a copy fairly fast and then you would know what to expect on the decision.

C & P exams control the outcome of claims.

What actually is the claim for?