Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Last whistleblower fired?

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

The Whistleblower Act is part of the Accountability Act and we will be discussing that this afternoon at 1 PM EST on our  radio Podcast.

I am not familiar with this specific employee's case-there so Many of them, VA employees who put their job on the line to fight back wrong VA situations. VA has retaliated against more whistleblower  employees than we know.

Maude DeVictor , a VA benefits counselor, was reduced to sitting in a broom closet at VA with nothing to do when she started to ask questions about why Vietnam vets were getting so sick.

This was the beginning of the entire Agent Orange story.

The 1984 movie, "Unnatural Causes." was based on fact.

At that time the Gov was still maintaining that dioxin was safe and had done no harm to incountry veterans.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ms berta

This is my Question?

Maybe you can discuss why so many VA Employees lose their jobs at a certain VAMC and go back to work in a ''higher position'' at a different VAMC.

Does this new provision of the Accountability Act the POTUS signed prevent this?

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

The answer to "why" is that the VA has become the most inefficient and corrupt part of our Cabinet.

Also the answer is because veterans have never united under one main organization, such as a veteran's union, to prepare the way for future veterans their dependents, and their survivors.

I dont mean anything like the AFGE.

AFGE and the Merit system Protection Board are going to lose their power over the VA due to the Accountability Act.

It also covers whistleblowers.

It is all explained here:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/legislation/s-1094-department-veterans-affairs-accountability-and-whistleblower-protection-act-2017

The new law, if any of you have read the recent VA press releases, will " speed up" the traditional long VA hiring process, in order to replace as fast as possible, those individuals who will be FIRED.

Within about 2 seconds at CAVC  I found prime example of how snafued the VA is:

https://efiling.uscourts.cavc.gov/cmecf/servlet/TransportRoom?servlet=CaseSummary.jsp&caseNum=16-1811&incOrigDkt=Y&incDktEntries=Y

On the end of the General Docket it says:

"06/26/2017Open DocumentThe Secretary shall review the record that he submitted in this case, remove all medical documents that belong to other veterans, inform those veterans that their documents were incorrectly placed in another veteran's file, and, within 20 days of the date on this decision, notify the Court that he has done so. Memorandum Decision that the BVA decision is affirmed in part with the remainder dismissed. (PIETSCH) (SM)"

Case Number:16-1811 Docketed: 05/23/2016
James Smith v. David J. Shulkin, M.D.
Appeal From: Department of Veteran Affairs
Fee Status: fee paid

Unfortunately the veteran did not get a court remand but maybe those medical  records were critical to other VA claimants.    

• HadIt.com Elder

I hope the titled II  sec 2 of this New Accountability Act

will settle some of the very rude Employees down a bit  b/c there are so many rude employees at the VA is pathetic.

They need to know or realize that if not for us Veterans that would not have the Job they have.

I mention to one of the VA Employee that if you don't like your job here  there Hiring down at McDonalds.

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:
34 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I hope the titled II  sec 2 of this New Accountability Act will settle some of the very rude Employees down a bit  b/c there are so many rude employees at the VA is pathetic.

why so many VA Employees lose their jobs at a certain VAMC and go back to work in a ''higher position'' at a different VAMC.

If you think about your first question, it foretells what's going to occur with NAA; nothing worth mentioning.

Hate to be so negative, but this law does nothing about the problem; bad leadership.

1 hour ago, Berta said:

Veterans have never united under one main organization, such as a veteran's union, to prepare the way for future veterans their dependents, and their survivors.

astute analysis.